Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: which ecu?
daniel mason

posted on 10/1/10 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
which ecu?

following on from my recent posts regarding a honda s2000 powered 7, i believe the standard ecu is not upto the job.how can you tell if an ecu will do everything you need it to? and why will existing ecu not work. i have seen a second hand omex ecu on the bay of-e but noticed there is a few other omex ecu's which are more expensive, making me think the one i have seen is also not up to the job! cheers.
scootz

posted on 10/1/10 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
When you're spending that level of money Daniel, then the only way forward is to call the ECU manufacturers individually and explain what you have. They are, of corse, best placed to advise what you need.

It's Evolution Baby!

imp paul

posted on 10/1/10 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
here you go s60 is the boy http://www.dtafast.co.uk/index.shtml
daniel mason

posted on 10/1/10 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
thanks paul. most of the info on them graphs was way over my head.lol!
ashg

posted on 10/1/10 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
megasquirt v3 will run it. it can cope with vvti and all that guff

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

iank

posted on 10/1/10 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
The best ECU is one you can pay someone who is local AND good to put on their rolling road and get running as well as you want.
Megasquirt is very good but a lot of RR operators don't like it and setting it up yourself can take a while.

There are two main reasons the OEM ECU may not useful. Firstly if it incorporates an immobiliser/alarm which refuses to work outside the original car or talks to other car controllers and isn't happy if they aren't around.

Second reason is if it isn't flexible enough to cope with the completely different exhaust/inlet configurations you are likely to give it in a 7.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

daniel mason

posted on 10/1/10 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
thanks iank, very helpful and just what i wanted to know!
norm007

posted on 10/1/10 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
i have seen a second hand omex ecu on the bay of-e but noticed there is a few other omex ecu's which are more expensive, making me think the one i have seen is also not up to the job! =============================================================================

Which model is the Omex?
I have a 500 series Omex ECU and have recently spoken to Omex about running a turbo. They told me it will do that, and more with no problems.
The newer ECU is the 600 or 700, but they are quite expensive.
Give Omex a ring for advice, I have several times and they are very helpful and friendly.
They have also sent me via email a couple of maps when I swapped engines.
The software for the ECU is a free download off their website, and is very easy/straight forward to use.

Something about this, so very wrong.....I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn`t like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daniel mason

posted on 10/1/10 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
its omex 150 performance ecu.
but have also seen an MBE 992E ecu + loom for £450.
would this be more suitable?

twinturbo

posted on 10/1/10 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Omex 150 is ignition only I think??

TT

franky

posted on 10/1/10 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
has anyone used the dta system? I'm looking at the s80 with traction control/launch control etc, seems like a decent system? what others offer the same features for less cash?
iank

posted on 10/1/10 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
has anyone used the dta system? I'm looking at the s80 with traction control/launch control etc, seems like a decent system? what others offer the same features for less cash?

NS Dev was using DTA S60 Pro ECU's in his grasstrack car (one on each engine)

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

imp paul

posted on 13/1/10 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.dtafast.co.uk/S_60_PRO.htm does it all the end as i have 1 on my zx12r way forward lol its the muts nuts lol
beaver34

posted on 13/1/10 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
most ecu offer similar thing, shift light, traction control, launch control etc.... some better for sequential firing of injectors helps when running 8 but m,y advice is run the ecu that the place tuning it and mapping it use and recommend, you can have the best stuff in the world but if the guys dont know how to get the best out of it whats the point?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.