Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: It's legal to drive to dvla inspection !!!
big_l

posted on 30/9/10 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
It's legal to drive to dvla inspection !!!

Dvla Lincoln said it is legal to drive to the inspection if it's a pre arrenged visit !!!! I was under the impression it was not allowed ?

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

bbwales

posted on 30/9/10 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
That is different to everything that has been said before. When I turned up for my inspection the old bill were there waiting for people to turn up not on trailers.

Regards

Bob

dhutch

posted on 30/9/10 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
Get it in writing!!
coyoteboy

posted on 30/9/10 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect it falls into the same sort of grey area that driving to an MOT station with no MOT does. You're allowed to drive there, but if you get caught en-route with bald tyres you're going to get points handed to you?
midge

posted on 30/9/10 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting, when I booked mine DVLA advised car MUST be taken on a trailer. I'd be careful here and double check.

Steve

Johneturbo

posted on 30/9/10 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
I drove mine to dvla newbury as they said it was ok to, i called my insurance just to make sure, they said as long as it's pre booked it's fine

i must of seen about 4 police cars and my wing stays broke about 5mins into the 1hr journey!

Davey D

posted on 30/9/10 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_l
Dvla Lincoln said it is legal to drive to the inspection if it's a pre arrenged visit !!!! I was under the impression it was not allowed ?

I had my inspection at Lincoln, and i was told the same by the lady that organises it. She assured me that it was all legal (as like yourself i was under the impression it was not allowed), and wrote me out a letter incase i got pulled by the plod on my way there.

i hate driving around lincoln, as its so busy with loads of 1 way systems. would have prefered beverly, but they wouldnt let me do it there, as they do home inspections, and they wont travel over the bridge :-S

big_l

posted on 30/9/10 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
He said it falls into the same rule as mot and it's only on un registered cars he also said he has cars being driven in all the time ! I asked the question because it seems stupid you can drive to iva and not to the inspection

He said sone people mis interpret the law rong !! Still going to ask for it in writing !!!

Simon

posted on 30/9/10 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Drove to mine; interesting thing about the car park at the Maidstone dvla is it has a ticket machine you have to put in your reg no. And the parking nazis were walking around checking!

ATB

Simon

Paul (Notts)

posted on 30/9/10 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
I had it explained to me by one DVLA as - you can drive to a pre booked test at a registered MOT station ( this includes the IVA as its an MOT station). The DVLA office is not a registered MOT station so you can not drive to it.

Paul

Wheels244

posted on 30/9/10 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
I was told I had to trailer mine there, they then went on to tell me I wasn't allowed to bring the trailer into the car park and I would have to park outside on the double yellow lines - I asked if this was OK and I was at no risk of a ticket, to which I was told no and be very careful as a there was a VERY regular patrol.
I took someone with me in the end and got them to wait with the cars whilst I dealt with the paperwork.
This aside - the staff at Stockton were very helpful and inspected it at the side of the road ( on the double yellow lines )

dan8400

posted on 30/9/10 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
quote:
Originally posted by big_l

I had my inspection at Lincoln, and i was told the same by the lady that organises it. She assured me that it was all legal (as like yourself i was under the impression it was not allowed), and wrote me out a letter incase i got pulled by the plod on my way there.

i hate driving around lincoln, as its so busy with loads of 1 way systems. would have prefered beverly, but they wouldnt let me do it there, as they do home inspections, and they wont travel over the bridge :-S

Same for me at lincoln. I drove there no problem. Was followed by two copper pi**ing themselves as it was raining. lol I didnt care.... my first legal outing on a public road... It could have snowed for all i cared

Dan

Hey - That's Journey!!!

big_l

posted on 30/9/10 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be driving it does it need to be iva ready or can I swap all the iva bits off before I go there ???

ashg

posted on 30/9/10 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Drove to mine; interesting thing about the car park at the Maidstone dvla is it has a ticket machine you have to put in your reg no. And the parking nazis were walking around checking!

ATB

Simon

mine got driven to maidstone with no problems. why did you buy a ticket they cant fine you if they dont have a reg number

[Edited on 30/9/10 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.