Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Clio bonnet
midge

posted on 20/3/11 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
Clio bonnet

Hi all

Flat battery on my daughters Renault Clio, went to open bonnet and sods law pulled on the bonnet release, nothing happened. Checked the cable which seems to still be connected, gave it a good yank, still won't open. Any ideas how to open the bonnet.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Steve Hignett

posted on 20/3/11 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Try with two people first of all - one pulls the handle and whilst it's retracted the other lifts the bonnet (if it's poss.)
Peteff

posted on 20/3/11 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Press the bonnet down while someone operates the release lever. The spring holding the bonnet catch does too good a job sometimes.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

midge

posted on 20/3/11 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Got it, thanks for the tip Pete

Steve

Marcus

posted on 20/3/11 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Did you know the Clio has had a recall for dodgy bonnet catches, I'd get it looked at if you can. Sometimes they don't close properly and pop open at speed with obvious connotations

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hillbillyracer

posted on 20/3/11 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Ha ha yeah, I've got a mk2 (V reg) Clio, as a cheap run about. Not had it long when at about 50mph at night it went dark all of a sudden & there was a loud BANG! Bonnet flew up smashed the screen, dented the roof around the arial & bent the bonnet to hell. Bonnet from the scrappy for £25 nearly the right colour, pushed the roof out not to bad & it's not broken the paint so I'll leave it & a mate put the screen in for £80. To do properly would have cost more than the worth of the car! We noticed that it'd had a roof skin & screen before at some point, & for some reason the bonnet had'nt been rustproofed so it's likely been replaced before too!

What actually goes wrong with the bonnet catch? Nowt that a drop of oil on a service would'nt put right, both the main catch & the saftey seem to be prone to seizing, when everthing's free they're well up to the job.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.