Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: lancaster insurance
deltron63

posted on 10/5/12 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
lancaster insurance

Hi all, I've just had a quote for my MGB GT V8 from lancaster insurance. £88.37.
It seems too cheep to me or am i just being cynical.

RedAvon

posted on 10/5/12 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
I had a great quote for my Landy S3 1983 under classic insurance with Lancaster around £80 and I went ahead. When I received the details in the post I gave them over the phone I thought I had better check with them about "modifications" and to make sure I declared everything I told them about the overdrive 5th gear which is a very standard extra and which might have been factory/dealer fitted at purchase.

They said it was a modification and wanted another £20-£30 admin charge for the change.

I said I've only just got the details through the post for checking after setting up the insurance on the phone and didn't see why this should be chargeable.

They said it was and charged me.

I wrote to them explaining the situation and asked if they would reconsider as the admin charge was a significant percentage of the annual cost - they said no.

I wrote back and said that would be my first and last year of insurance with Lancaster.......and it was.

Been insured with Performance Direct for the last 2 years with the Landy - same price around £80

Ian

deltron63

posted on 10/5/12 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
I just tried them £302 !!!!
jaik

posted on 11/5/12 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
I've used Lancaster a couple of times, first a few years ago on my lightly tweaked Mini 1275 GT and now on my E36 328i daily driver and haven't had any issues.
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 11/5/12 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
had them on the tin top about 10 years ago, they were the cheapest at the time

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.