Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Airbags and insurance.
NigeEss

posted on 26/4/13 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
Airbags and insurance.

Now that airbags are part of the MOT does it mean that if you airbag light is on then
it can invalidate your insurance in the event of a claim ?

Something I was discussing in the pub last night.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 26/4/13 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
[Cynical Hat]I would say yes[/Cynical Hat]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

owelly

posted on 26/4/13 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Not unless the airbag fault contributed or effected the insurance claim and even then, you would still have third party cover.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 26/4/13 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
It will but only becasue insurance companies will use it as an out. It will not cause an accident but may cause additional injury.

But then, is it not the same a spare wheel not being present or headlights not being correctly angled during a day time accident? Neither of these will cause and accident or contribute to one but it is not "road safe" as it wont pass an MOT.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

bashracing

posted on 26/4/13 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
no, how would they know if the light was on before the accident? unless it's a fatal and you're at fault, then they wouldn't have the ecu's downloaded by the manufacturers,

[Edited on 26/4/13 by bashracing]

Davey D

posted on 26/4/13 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't an MOT only proof of roadworthiness on the day of the test?
coyoteboy

posted on 26/4/13 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

But then, is it not the same a spare wheel not being present or headlights not being correctly angled during a day time accident? Neither of these will cause and accident or contribute to one but it is not "road safe" as it wont pass an MOT.

You can pass an MOT without a spare (done it dozens of times), without reversing lights and without headlights in certain circumstances .

If the day of the MOT you have the lights on, you fail the MOT. If on the day of an accident your light is on they'd have to prove it wasnt caused by the accident. If the police pull you they'd have to give you time to rectify it (the same as they do with a headlight out - it could have happened on the trip)

[Edited on 26/4/13 by coyoteboy]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.