Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: warning! ebay westfield se with rx8 motor
alfiebeard

posted on 15/5/13 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
After trawling through every post on this thread I would think it would be a good idea for the Moderators to remove the whole thread as its turning into a character assasination and surely thats not what this forum is about.

This sort of information can destroy the guys business....all for the sake of one guys perception of the way he conducts his business.

Just my opinion of course.

Alfie

[Edited on 15/5/13 by alfiebeard]

Old bloke on a mission with 320BHP of help

Ninehigh

posted on 15/5/13 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alfiebeard
After trawling through every post on this thread I would think it would be a good idea for the Moderators to remove the whole thread as its turning into a character assasination and surely thats not what this forum is about.

This sort of information can destroy the guys business....all for the sake of one guys perception of the way he conducts his business.

Alfie

+1

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 15/5/13 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Assumption the mother of all f*ck ups

Work to Live don't Live to Work

steved

posted on 16/5/13 at 05:45 AM Reply With Quote
thank you
but i am affraid the damage is already done as people seem to believe what they read even though the op has lied through his teeth , people seem to jump on the band wagon and support him without even considering the facts or consequenses.
but imho the thread does more damage to myself and my buisness than it does proving the op (bashracing) to be the lyer and a poo stirer that he is , not one person has taken me up on the offer of ringing me for a chat i will say it again i have nothing to hide and have even told gavin who we bought the car off we cannot find fault with the engine , i cannot do anymore than i have and i have been totally honest ,
this will be my last post on this thread ,people can make there own minds up or feel free to call me
i had a stroke late january and the stress of this rubbish is doing me no good at all at the moment
steve

[Edited on 16/5/13 by steved]

Theshed

posted on 16/5/13 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Alfie

I quite agree. It is often wrongly assumed that the law of libel does not apply to forums etc. Unfortunately for poor Chris - who is now it seems the subject of mass slagging off - he could be held responsible alongside the OP. It is a fairly simple legal process to obtain the details of individuals hiding behind usernames.

Perhaps far better than removing the thread would be a full and proper apology from the OP. Any chance?

tims31

posted on 16/5/13 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Alfie

+1 ^^^^^Only hope this doesn't spoil your opinion of this excellent forum, the vast majority of posts on here are extremely honest and of fantastic value to most members, I don't know where I would be now without them. People who are so willing to give their time and knowledge to the benefit of others and a great community.

quote:
thank you
but i am affraid the damage is already done as people seem to believe what they read even though the op has lied through his teeth , people seem to jump on the band wagon and support him without even considering the facts or consequenses.
but imho the thread does more damage to myself and my buisness than it does proving the op (bashracing) to be the lyer and a poo stirer that he is , not one person has taken me up on the offer of ringing me for a chat i will say it again i have nothing to hide and have even told gavin who we bought the car off we cannot find fault with the engine , i cannot do anymore than i have and i have been totally honest ,
this will be my last post on this thread ,people can make there own minds up or feel free to call me
i had a stroke late january and the stress of this rubbish is doing me no good at all at the moment
steve

I only hope that you can come back and give some of your experience and not feel too offended.

Hope your feeling better, this is a great community....

[Edited on 16/5/13 by tims31]

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

alfiebeard

posted on 20/5/13 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
I also think this is a brilliant forum full of helpfull members who live and breathe their creations, Its sad that Steve has been publicly slated on here, all because he is a Trade seller, he is after all running a business so needs to make a profit, I have owned my own business for the past 30 odd years and can understand that mud can stick and can ruin a guys livelyhood.

He seems to have been honest in saying come and test drive it and see for yourself!!! as another member said ..who in the right mind would'nt check a car prior to purchase? as a trader he has to give some sort of warranty.... so buying this particular car from him would be safer than buying it off the last owner surely.

Anyway I agree with Theshed that an apology would be in order from bashracing ...at least that would go some way to exonerate Steve.

I like to add I dont know Steve or Bashracing and have no affiliation to either of them.

Alfie

[Edited on 20/5/13 by alfiebeard]

[Edited on 20/5/13 by alfiebeard]

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 28/5/13 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Have you apologised yet you bleeping prick, it's jobs worth wankers like you that bleep people's lives up, you're nothing but a mouthy wanker with no balls! This msg is for the twat that started this thread!

[Edited on 28/5/13 by Aaron_n_Sim]

JoelP

posted on 28/5/13 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
drinking, on a tuesday?!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

alfiebeard

posted on 28/5/13 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
drinking, on a tuesday?!

Ha ha ha ha Classic............

Alfie

alfiebeard

posted on 28/5/13 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron_n_Sim
Have you apologised yet you bleeping prick, it's jobs worth wankers like you that bleep people's lives up, you're nothing but a mouthy wanker with no balls! This msg is for the twat that started this thread!

How eloquently put..........but unfortunately true as sadly no apology seems to have been made

Alfie

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 28/5/13 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
drinking, on a tuesday?!

Quit drinking that's more than likely the problem!!

I'm a one man band that was nearly sabotaged by 1 idiot like this one!

Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone other than the cowardly one that can't admit he was wrong. Please forgive!!!!

alfiebeard

posted on 29/5/13 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
drinking, on a tuesday?!

Quit drinking that's more than likely the problem!!

I'm a one man band that was nearly sabotaged by 1 idiot like this one!

Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone other than the cowardly one that can't admit he was wrong. Please forgive!!!!

No one has been offended by you're post,Aaron,....... after all its what a lot of folk were thinking.

In the words of Father Ted.....YOU ARE FORGIVEN MY SON

Alfie

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 29/5/13 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Alfie, I wouldn't want to upset anyone other than those whom may deserve it

alfiebeard

posted on 29/5/13 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Cheers Alfie, I wouldn't want to upset anyone other than those whom may deserve it

Ha ha you're welcome Aaron

Alfie

boosted

posted on 21/9/13 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Well,
This car is now mine and and ive been thoroughly loving it! The engine is still going strong and the price i paid factored in the fact that even if it was toast then the money paid for the car was still good value.

The only issue is noise it makes 109 dB at 6740 revs ( 3/4 throttle). This is being addressed by modifying the manifold to equal length and increase in diameter. the silencer is going to be 7" diameter and 2.5 " id. This silencer is is being made to be repackable.

With a lid on its great fun as it nullifies the noise but i wish to do so airfield circuits so 100 dB is the aim.

Longterm i wish to enter a few races next year in Castle Combe special GTs ( noise regs max 108) so i know the new setup will get me a race . I'm not gonna win anything but at least i'm on the grid! The cars had a double header race this year and everything's in date so pound for pound i'm in a Westfield race car for what a saxo or mgzr race car would have cost me!

Its also got a daytime mot so ive been out during the day init scaring myself silly.

My only concern is the axle as i know nothing about it and its all a bit new to me so been googling. I'm led to believe its english with a 4.1 lsd so long term it may give up with the power its subjected to.

I had 2 rotaries an RX7 FD and rx8 231....i blew up 1 didnt.... LOL.

PhillipM

posted on 21/9/13 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
The manifold doesn't want to be equal length....
alfiebeard

posted on 21/9/13 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boosted
Well,
This car is now mine and and ive been thoroughly loving it! The engine is still going strong and the price i paid factored in the fact that even if it was toast then the money paid for the car was still good value.

The only issue is noise it makes 109 dB at 6740 revs ( 3/4 throttle). This is being addressed by modifying the manifold to equal length and increase in diameter. the silencer is going to be 7" diameter and 2.5 " id. This silencer is is being made to be repackable.

With a lid on its great fun as it nullifies the noise but i wish to do so airfield circuits so 100 dB is the aim.

Longterm i wish to enter a few races next year in Castle Combe special GTs ( noise regs max 108) so i know the new setup will get me a race . I'm not gonna win anything but at least i'm on the grid! The cars had a double header race this year and everything's in date so pound for pound i'm in a Westfield race car for what a saxo or mgzr race car would have cost me!

Its also got a daytime mot so ive been out during the day init scaring myself silly.

My only concern is the axle as i know nothing about it and its all a bit new to me so been googling. I'm led to believe its english with a 4.1 lsd so long term it may give up with the power its subjected to.

Nice one good to hear a happy ending thanks for the post and hope it keeps going well mate.

Alfie

beaver34

posted on 22/9/13 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boosted
Well,

what power is it? i know the previous owner and they never had any axle issues

boosted

posted on 22/9/13 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
It has the 6 port 231 bhp engine fitted....but on a dyno new they make more like 210....I have not dyno d this engine yet....but long term plan is to port another engine during rebuild that should see 250 bhp.

Im awaiting car back from having the exhaust done....if it smokes then it will confirm an oil control ring is letting by and I will get this engine rebuilt rather than keeping as spare / track over winter...

Any info on car would great.

I read these posts before I bought the car ! When viewing I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks

boosted

posted on 24/9/13 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Cars back From Torque designs in Salisbury.....Fantastic job.....so much quieter.....Fantastic to drive.

No smoke when giving it beans atall so no oil control rings issue.....need me track day real soon. 7

Done a quick home noise test and 100dB at 6750....cool.

i love it!

steved

posted on 20/10/13 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
glad all is well and your enjoying it , i had pip around the other day trying to convince me to take the busa out of the back of my spaceframe mini and fit a rx motor , seriously tempted the power and noise of the wankel is very adictive , but then again so is a bike engine and with the sequential on paddle flatshift

i am the worlds biggest supercharged/chargecooled k20a fan but i think bike engines are the future

[Edited on 20/10/13 by steved]

[Edited on 20/10/13 by steved]

boosted

posted on 21/10/13 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
HI mate .....its the neighbours fault I got the westfield as he has a dax rush with an s2000 on itbs.

I was aiming for a Radical with a busa but just not enough funds and a whole tier higher in terms of mainteance and running costs.

Im itching for a trackday ....booked up 3 weeks to go!

Have some plans but need to track it first but im hoping to port another engine when being fresh built.

Ive read up on the axle and my only real worry.

Ive v mounted the rad and oil cooler and that has got the coolant temps down with no increase in oil temp .

Ive banned myself from driving it on the road for the time being else its gonna end in tears lol.

Jon

boosted

posted on 27/10/13 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate,

Do you think the axle will take 255 bhp? Ive got a spare engine and this is having some special porting during rebuild and should see a proven 255...torque will be lower as rotary?

jeffw

posted on 27/10/13 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
I run an English Axle/Quaife ATB with standard half-shafts and 340BHP/280 ft lb

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.