Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: low entry trolley jack
samjc

posted on 31/5/14 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
low entry trolley jack

Hello all. Right clearing garage tonight and gone to lift the kit off axle stands and trolley jack has died oil leaking out under pressure badly. I had a spare cheap jobby that i have given away which i am know kicking myself over but never mind and no point in mending mine as its older than me (22) as was passed on and not in great quality. So i ask what jack would people recomend for both kit car and daily driver/ average cars.

dont want to spend a fortune but may go for a 2Tone machine mart ali racing jack. What else is avalible for under £150 ?

david_hornet27

posted on 31/5/14 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
Dunno if you have a Costco card but they usually have an Arcan one like this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/290862251141?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla &crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

From memory it is about £105 including the VAT.

Good quality and low enough to get under a Seven. If it does go wrong they refund it.

'If everything seems under control you're just not going fast enough' - Mario Andretti

mark chandler

posted on 31/5/14 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
I paid £89 for a low entry Ali one from B&Q, it's been great.

Regards Mark

RichieW

posted on 1/6/14 at 12:32 AM Reply With Quote
I'd personally go for steel over aluminium. it wont die of metal fatigue.
I bought a decent 3 tonne steel low entry jobbie on ebay a couple of years ago and they were all over ebay at the time. I've had a look again tonight and they seem to have disappeared.

3 TON TONNE 98MM LOW ENTRY ALLOY HYDRAULIC RACE RALLY DRAG GARAGE TROLLEY JACK

This looks very similar to the one I have.

This one is advertised as alloy but I think it may be steel. Dont think alloy would have parts designed as thin as this. Alloy jacks are usually built junkier.

[Edited on 1/6/14 by RichieW]

I have looked again and am 99% sure this is steel. Looks the same design as the one I have. Should last you for life if you look after it.

[Edited on 1/6/14 by RichieW]

cliftyhanger

posted on 1/6/14 at 03:03 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.ccw-tools.com/Sealey-2500LE---Trolley-Jack-Yankee-2.5ton-Low-Entry/p--27625/

Had one for about six years. Only issue so far is the castors keep need greasing every year.
Not as nice to use as my old weber jack, but that was going to cost way more than that to refurbish.

If you want a decent jack, this is about the cheapest, a lot of the ally ones are horrendous and likely to last a very short time. You need to buy a proper make.

Slimy38

posted on 1/6/14 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
I bought my engine crane from SGS, and will be going back there for a trolley jack. Here's their cheapest low profile jack;

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/hydraulic-jacks/trolley-jacks/tjl2-2-tonne-low-profile-trolley-jack

Or for a bit more;

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/hydraulic-jacks/trolley-jacks/tj3lp-low-profile-garage-trolley-jack

Be warned that if the engine crane is anything to go by, they're not as lightweight as they could be. Although that could be a positive as well as a negative.

Their service is exceptional though, the engine crane turned up the following day and a lot of reviews show that it wasn't luck. Or if you're close to Derby you can pop in and pick one up?

rash12

posted on 1/6/14 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
ive one of these excellent jack, ebay 261490742551
I think the new price is close to your budget too

[Edited on 1/6/14 by rash12]

big-vee-twin

posted on 1/6/14 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Just make sure it can reach, my Halfrauds cheap trolley couldn't lift the car off the stands it didn't go high enough.

I lifted the car up and wifey removed stands very quickly buy attaching string and pulling them out.

Car wasn't fully built though just a rolling chassis with no engine etc, it was bloody heavy and I wouldn't recommend doing this!!

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

samjc

posted on 1/6/14 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys and cheers big vee twin that slipped my mind ill check what hieght i currently have it at and go from their. As for the sgs ive emailed them about stock as website states out of stock as was looking at their race jacks too.
samjc

posted on 1/6/14 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Mark the bnq one looks good its just the price seems so cheap but off bnq to go take a look. Reserved one to inspect localy.
bigfoot4616

posted on 1/6/14 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
i'm struggling to find one low enough, the cheap alloy ones seem to be 85mm minimum. i need it to be 75mm to get under my towing eye bracket.
how low is the B&Q one? doesn't say on the website.

samjc

posted on 1/6/14 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
9-37cm it states on the box.
bigfoot4616

posted on 1/6/14 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
thanks, but no good for me. might as well stick with my current jack and angled 3x2 to push the car on first if i can't find one low enough to go straight under.
Matt21

posted on 1/6/14 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
I have a steel low entry one from machine mart, its been great so far

but I'll be buying an ali one for taking to trackdays etc, the steel ones pretty heavy for karting around
the 1.25 tonne one is enough for most cars aslong as your just lifting it onto axel stands and not leaving it on the jack.

K13JOB

posted on 1/6/14 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.sgs-engineering.com/hydraulic-jacks/trolley-jacks/aluminium/tja125-aluminium-trolley-jack

ok edit: currently out of stock

[Edited on 1/6/14 by K13JOB]

mark chandler

posted on 1/6/14 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
The B&Q one lifts my little car with ease to a good height, it also picks up the front of my DB7 which is very heavy!

Every now and then I have to whizz around the nuts and bolts, had it 3 years now and still a solid bit of kit.

Brian R

posted on 1/6/14 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
I've had one of these for several years. It's been really good.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/351007203612?nav=SEARCH

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.