Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 200SX and Brake seals
dirty130

posted on 22/2/06 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
200SX and Brake seals

My mate has just said to me if i help him swap the knackard 200SX engine for this new 1 he has bourght i can keep the old 1. I think the crank bearing has gone. but that shouldn;t be a problem. Has any 1 fitted 1 of these engines? to a locost? any comments? also last night i removed the pistons from my front serria calipers and i need new dust seals any idea where i can some seals from? thanks

It will fit wheres me hammer?

hobbsy

posted on 22/2/06 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Is the 1.8 (CA18DET) or 2.0 (SR20DET)?

I believe "jon_boy" or similar has does this (recognise the name from SXOC).

Out of interest I need some new rear calliper piston dust seals. Can you get these and easy to fit or is it cheaper / easier to just swap them out for some recon ones?

RazMan

posted on 22/2/06 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hobbsy
I believe "jon_boy" or similar has does this (recognise the name from SXOC).

So do I !! I used to be a very active member until I sold my S13 [wave]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Kodiak

posted on 23/2/06 at 05:41 AM Reply With Quote
Nissan SR20de

the SR20 is a good engine choice but you really need to look for a full package from fan to prop shaft as the RWD gear boxes are the rare part (especially the 6 speed) . They are a fairly straight forward rebuild if needed but have extremely tight tolerences. The CA18 in the older silvias on the other hand can get very expensive very quickly.

as far as fitting it goes....much the same size and weight as a Pinto 2lt for the engine so may need a bulged bonnet. the gearbox is a bit larger but if you are carefull with the positioning it should all fit.

[Edited on 23/2/06 by Kodiak]

dirty130

posted on 23/2/06 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
200sx and brake seals

hey i gave up on the calipers. i just got some recon units from mac 1. trying to put the pistons in with a G clamp was a pain in the bum and i gave up. We are swapping the CA18DET's next saturday my mates blow his up which im having and he has bourght a donor car with a rebuilt engine in. Im thinkin about a mega squirt ECU coz Mac 1 said i wouldn;t be able to use the nissan ECU unless i played with it quite a bit. for your seals try brakes international or summat search for brakes int on google

[Edited on 23/2/06 by dirty130]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.