Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Renault do at Donnington today!!!
stevec

posted on 9/9/07 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Renault do at Donnington today!!!

Went up fairly early this morning it was busy getting in,
By 2.00 the place was heaving so watched the first round of everything and headed for the car, it took us half an hour to get out.
God knows how long it will take those who stay till the end to escape.
Steve.

Brook_lands

posted on 9/9/07 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Sat for over an hour on the M1 going nowhere this morning, gave up.

Probably missed a good day, but then I shouldn't have brought the kids along.

MkIndy7

posted on 9/9/07 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Was late after some friends giving me the run around... left leeds at 10:30

Got in Traffic at junction 26 by 11:30

Left the motorway at Junction 24A and sat nose to tail in traffic till 2:30 at which point we were still 3 miles away from the circuit and on the roundabouts aproaching Castle Donnington.

Couldn't turn round and come home up the M1 as we'd just seen they were nose to tail on the other side so we too the only road that was quiet to Stoke on-trent!

Beer n burger there and back up the M6-M62 home.
I'm glad the tickets were free because the £26 worth of pretrol I wasted wasn't!.

I do hope for those that got there it was a really good day... I was so looking forward to the F1 display, hopefully a Turbo'd F1 and a 1992 Williams and seeing the Mid-engined Renault 5 if they were there.

Does anybody know what the hell was going on... was it just because of the event? (MotoGP was never that bad!).
Roadworks, crashes
Or the Media hounding East Midlands airport as the McCann's were flying home.

A day completely wasted

carlgeldard

posted on 9/9/07 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Drove straight in at 9am this morning no real problems.

Carl

John22000

posted on 9/9/07 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Bit of a disaster wqsn't it ?? Shame because last year was brilliant.

We left Warrington at 10 and got to the Long Eaton turn of on the A50 just after 11. There was a huge queue at the junction. I thought there may have been a accident or something on the road through the village so I carried on, figuring I'd try go past Donnington services and in that way....

Almost as soon as I passed the junction we joined the back of the queue...

At 2:00 we had got to the M1, headed North and came home through Matlock and over the Cat and Fiddle.

There as something on the radio while we in the queue about a serious accident on the M1 south don't know any more.

John

pathfinder

posted on 9/9/07 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
The traffic was terrible but worth the queuing, we left early because we had a feeling it would be a nightmare getting out.
The one way traffic system and high police presence was due to the McCann family flying into east midlands airport. We had to drive past the terminal to get back onto the M1 and it was crawling with paps and tv crews, even two choppers hovering overhead to follow the family home.

locoR1

posted on 9/9/07 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
That was a real shame for those of you that didn't make it in.

I went yesterday with the wife and kids glad we went early, we got there about 8:45 then sat in traffic for another hour so not bad compared with others but still frustrating enough! Cracking day out though!

What really concerns me is Donnington kitcar show next weekend!
With the SeeRed event on at the same time as the kitcar show how the hell are we going to get into the place?

Dave...................

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

orbital

posted on 9/9/07 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
La all,

I went with the wife and kids today. It's only just up the road from me (Tamworth) so left early and drove straight in and parked up (no waiting at all).

Kids liked the fun fair (well the 5-6 rides that made the funfair), but the whole place was just one big queue, and when I saw £3.40 for a manky cheese burger I'm glad my wife convinced me for us to take a picnic. I mean you can't complain I suppose it was free and the action on the track wasn't half bad, so all in all I'd give it 7 out of 10

Cheers

Dave

flange nut

posted on 9/9/07 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
I'm glad I decided not to go!
Howlor

posted on 9/9/07 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Got to 24a at 9.45, then moved about half a mile in 1.15 and still on A50. Made a sensible decision me thinks to head up for a cracking drive along Dovedale, Buxton etc. Nice pint and home!

Steve

keith

posted on 9/9/07 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
had a great weekend saturday was busy so got there on sunday at 8 0 clock no probs straight in loved it will definatly go again loved it ,brill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.