Board logo

Picchio cars?
Alez - 17/3/05 at 10:44 AM

Did you know them?? It's the first time I hear about these, there's a model called Light, "Open-cockpit two-seater with covered wheels. Chassis:Mixed aluminium and steel monocoque. " Looks good to me..
http://www.picchio.com/

ned - 17/3/05 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alez
Looks good to me..

How canyou say that! the nose is terrible. obviously an attempt at some downforce, but does nothing for the looks of the car, infact might look better without the front high wing thing/bit.

an interesting and different front end, but doesn't do it for me..

Ned.

[Edited on 17/3/05 by ned]

Alez - 17/3/05 at 11:13 AM

I agree that it's not the most beautiful car in the world but they are different and they don't look "terrible" to me.. I always think it's funny how Locost enthusiasts have different tastes for aesthetics, being the Locost so unique in looks

Anyway, the thing here is that this is not just another styling exercise, they have the car and they are racing it, which is always interesting!

[Edited on 17/3/05 by Alez]

DaveFJ - 17/3/05 at 11:44 AM

each to their own, I like it, the front end is different but it is honest to its intentions and overall i think it is a good looking car.

I think the Daytona is the best of the bunch and the Light is a bit quirky but so what, The ford Ka is the ugliest creation since Gerard Depardieu and yet people love them!

[Edited on 17/3/05 by DaveFJ]

ProjectLMP - 17/3/05 at 04:10 PM

What its worth, they run their cars in the Grand-Am series in the US and they pretty much suck. So I guess their novel designs aren't so good in practise.

kb58 - 17/3/05 at 04:33 PM

One "feature" of the radiator exit and no windscreen is that the driver gets a face-full of hot air. It used to be a real problem back on the early racecars in the '60s.

DaveFJ - 17/3/05 at 04:38 PM

Sorry - must have missed something - where does it say the radiators are at the front? seems to look more like they are pod mounted in the rear wings?

kb58 - 17/3/05 at 04:44 PM

"The Light Picchio is also a racing car anyway, so it must be winning:"

Well there's some logic...

When a non-Engish speaking company puts up an English language website, how hard could it be to have the text reviewed by an English-speaker? It always amazes me how a company can come so far, then drop the ball when it comes to "putting their best foot forward." I'm not picking on them in particular, it includes all international companies. Early owners manuals from some Japanese car companies come to mind.

kb58 - 17/3/05 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DaveFJ
Sorry - must have missed something - where does it say the radiators are at the front? seems to look more like they are pod mounted in the rear wings?

Opps, if so, my mistake.

violentblue - 18/3/05 at 10:03 PM

I like the looks of the "daytona prototype"

I'm thinking I may just steal some disign cues from it when I finally get around to building my middy