Board logo

Upgrade from Vista Business to Windows 7?
David Jenkins - 16/4/11 at 03:34 PM

I have a laptop that came with Vista Business - and I hate Vista with a passion! It is rubbish, and has proved to be that way over and over again. The fact that Microsoft is starting to withdraw support for it is a bit of a give-away too (e.g IE 10 will NOT be available on Vista). Even XP is far superior!

Normally I use Linux Mint and I'm very happy with the way it does its business, but sometimes I just have to use Windoze. I have used Windows 7 and I have to say that it is a decent operating system (despite being Windoze!).

So, what's the path to upgrade? What are the cheapest options? I'm not inclined to waste a whole heap of money on it, so cheap is good!

Ta.

[Edited on 16/4/11 by David Jenkins]

RazMan - 16/4/11 at 04:28 PM

Win7 is by far the best OS that Micro$oft has ever produced IMO and well worth splashing the cash for. I have it running on my ickle netbook and my monster 8 core workstation - steady as a rock. You can trial it in a few different ways (some legal if you are not sure.

BenTyreman - 16/4/11 at 05:00 PM

Have you got all the Vista service packs installed? Makes a big difference.

40inches - 16/4/11 at 07:04 PM

Do you have any kids/grand kids at school? If so you can upgrade to Win7 Pro for about £40

David Jenkins - 16/4/11 at 08:06 PM

I let it update as and when it tells me to, so I guess I've got all the service packs.

Kids are 30+ each, and no grand-kids (I keep dropping hints such as "having any kids yet?" )

[Edited on 16/4/11 by David Jenkins]

907 - 16/4/11 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

I keep dropping hints such as "having any kids yet?"

What..... to the wife?

Paul G