Board logo

Modern! master cylinders
Simon - 15/9/22 at 06:59 PM

I bought a budget Espace 6 months ago and really didn't test everything properly (at all!!)

Anyway, after collecting it, it started raining and the drivers blade kept falling off the windscreen - turned out to be the metalwork - two pieces pressed together.

Anyway, when removing wiper mech from car I think I stretched the brake master cylinder warning light wire. The problem - the dash warning light has finally decided to stay on which is somewhat irritating so I need a bodge (I fix properly when I have time, before next mot!!)).

So, does the light come on when there is constant current or when circuit broken.

Cheers

gremlin1234 - 15/9/22 at 08:03 PM

circuits like that are usually wired as 'fail safe', ie light comes on if circuit breaks/ connector not in place.
also its common for the light to indicate handbrake on

Simon - 15/9/22 at 08:44 PM

I suspected it might be like that, I may just join the ends together for the time being.
Thank you

perksy - 24/9/22 at 08:10 PM

Won't the MOT tester be looking for it to come on at the ignition key stage and then go off?

If it doesn't come on at all, it'll be a fail ?

daviep - 24/9/22 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by perksy
Won't the MOT tester be looking for it to come on at the ignition key stage and then go off?

If it doesn't come on at all, it'll be a fail ?

Normally the handbrake warning lamp and brake fluid level switch share a warning lamp, so handbrake operation performs the lamp test.

Pretty sure brake fluid level warning lamp / switch failure is only a minor and not a failure item.