Board logo

Elvington today
StevieB - 21/4/07 at 05:15 PM

Was anybody at the Elvington trackday today?

Not sure what was on, but as I was passing, a Fire truck and Ambulance went screaming in and there looked to be a car overturned on the track.

I'm just curious as to what happened, that's all!

smac - 21/4/07 at 06:15 PM

A guy rolled a fiesta. the track was closed for ages while they sorted him out. I dont think he was seriously injured.

StevieB - 21/4/07 at 06:26 PM

Elvingtons not enjoying a good time at the moment!

khm - 21/4/07 at 07:38 PM

driver & passenger were taken to hospital, think they had cuts & bruises ( one had a broken arm i think ??) luckily they had a full cage in car so were ok. evidently rolled 4/5 times. ouch !!

skydivepaul - 21/4/07 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by khm
driver & passenger were taken to hospital, think they had cuts & bruises ( one had a broken arm i think ??) luckily they had a full cage in car so were ok. evidently rolled 4/5 times. ouch !!

how did the car run? did dave bogg get it sorted for you?

I got the 205 running o.k after a bit of rewiring on the ignition side

cheers

Paul

khm - 21/4/07 at 09:44 PM

Yeh Dave got the car running fine, we put the new coils on & that just about did the job, new plugs finished it off, next problem was clutch had had it !!!! new clutch arrived yesterday, banged it in & off to elvington !! great day, car ran better than ever, only problem is now over heating ( never gone as fast !!)

khm - 21/4/07 at 09:45 PM

P S good to hear 205 now running !!

skydivepaul - 21/4/07 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by khm
Yeh Dave got the car running fine, we put the new coils on & that just about did the job, new plugs finished it off, next problem was clutch had had it !!!! new clutch arrived yesterday, banged it in & off to elvington !! great day, car ran better than ever, only problem is now over heating ( never gone as fast !!)

sounds like the story with any of my cars

you fix one thing and something else breaks

khm - 22/4/07 at 10:52 AM

Had a look this morning, have fixed the problem !! The fan was wired to run the wrong way !?!?!?!?!?!?