Board logo

Being unfairly "Flamed" - Minor rant
russbost - 26/10/15 at 09:44 AM

As many of you on here know, I pride myself & Furore Products, Furore Cars with giving good service at a low price, I've just had a customer leave an entirely unfair review of us on the Rhocar site - I am adding a link as we have nothing to hide here

Link

So, he hasn't read the information on the website b4 ordering, he has received EXACTLY what he ordered & paid for & his only actual gripe is that we have made the hoses inaccurately to the tune of 1.25% inaccuracy - I will be very surprised if he can find much else on his Robin Hood made to that degree of accuracy!!! He has included a reply from us in his "name & shame"- however he hasn't included the second email where we have offered to replace a hose if that's what he wants, I am including our second reply, & his answer below

Hi Marcus

I'm sorry you are not happy with the product, however I would point out that had you bought those same hoses from HEL you would have paid a LOT more just to get a "free" nut!

We do specify the tolerance on the website, perhaps we should make it more prominent, it's possible you didn't see it as I believe you came to us from a link on another site. However in 7 years of making & supplying hoses we have never had this issue before, if there is any question that the shorter hose would not be safe for use on the car then please return it to us for replacement, we can do our best to make it 5mm "long" so it would match the other hose perfectly.

With regard to the nut, I could equally well point out that nowhere do we say, "supplied with nut" - whereas, for instance we do say on the banjo fittings, "copper washers supplied FOC" - when taking phone orders we ask the customer if they want nuts for the bulkheads at £1ea & I would say around 4 out of 5 prefer to use the original nuts they have.

I've seen your review of ourselves on the Rhocar site & I believe it is totally unfair, perhaps you would be kind enough to actually put a copy of our response to you on the site as well as I feel that might supply a more accurate overall picture. We have NEVER before had a poor review from anyone, in fact if you look at the locostbuilders site there are glowing reviews from many satisfied customers. You might at least have allowed us the opportunity of putting things right before "dissing" our good reputation in public!

Our aim is to satsify our customers & keep them happy, so, if you are unhappy then please let us do something to make that right.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Regards Russ

& his reply to the above

Hi Russell.

I sent you a message asking about the discrepancy in length and lack of fixing nut.

You told me it's well within your tolerance and I should have asked for a nut.no offer to sort the issue out

When dealing with hel I simply thought I got better serving and the hoses simply felt better.money doesn't matter if the products right.

You never offered to put it right just simply why it was like it was .

Sorry if this isn't to your liking.

I'll fit them to my car when it's fixed and hopefully should be ok.

I'll stick to using who I know and trust next time

Marcus

So we offer to pretty much do anything we can to satisfy his "issue" & he responds by continuing to "diss" us in public, but he's now quite happy to fit these hoses to his car! WTF! He says the HEL hoses "simply felt better" - well, it's amazing what psychological things are going on when you pay more for the same product, because ALL our hoses, unions, fittings & equipment are HEL product, absolutely identical to anything they sell direct - the only difference is that they add a heat shrunk sleeve to each ferrule which we don't

What I find even more annoying is that people who don't know me, have never spoken to us or bought anything from us are quite happy to pile in with negative comments like "5mm in 100mm is 5%, monkeys could do better than that" - when did you last see a 100mm long brake hose? I think we've made about 3 in the 7 years or so I've been doing it & obviously you have to take extra care when working with such short lengths. "I always make my own it's half the price" - Errr, no actually it isn't I've done price comparisons b4 & by the time you add in suppliers extortionate P & P charges etc, making them yourself might come out around 10 to 15% cheaper & that will be for a heavier, uglier, lower quality product that won't have the wipe clean PVC coating & will go rusty in a few months as soon as it's got wet - our stainless fittings will never rust. "I get mine from a local supplier" - well that's very useful to anyone who happens to live down the road, but won't really help the other 99.9999% of the country will it? "unfortunately there are very few companies out there with a good all round customer service record" - well, yes, that may be true, but I don't believe it applies to ourselves & TTBOMK this guy has never used our services for anything.

My thanks to Snapperpaul who made some intelligent comments!

Anyway, rant over, I sincerely hope that you guys agree with me in regard to our customer service, if not please point out what we're doing wrong! What really gripes is that I have no way to defend myself on the forum in question as I'm not a member there, hence my airing of this in public on here - sorry to have gone on so long, just wanted to put the record straight!

[Edited on 26/10/15 by russbost]

joneh - 26/10/15 at 09:57 AM

You can't please 100% of people 100% of the time, no matter how hard you try. Don't let it get you down, learn from it what you can and move on.

Some customers are just dicks.

MP3C - 26/10/15 at 10:01 AM

Entirely unjustified in my opinion. I normally have a seperate selection of nuts so would never be a problem and like you said, would use the old ones. If they work whats the point in changing them and wouldnt see an issue if not supplied. Regarding your tolerances. If I was to do it myself it would be the same, you would need eyes like a hawk to notice anyway and wouldent order something that was the "prefect" length because 9 out of 10 times its a nightmare fitting and normally have to get a longer one anyway. Bit OTT for a name and shame thread, obviously has impossible high standards.

Matt

Daf - 26/10/15 at 10:41 AM

Some people are just like that - it's life!

However I've bought a number of items off you both through locostbuilders and through ebay and had nothing but EXCELLENT service and wouldn't hesitate for a moment to highly recomend your services!

imp paul - 26/10/15 at 10:56 AM

keep your chin up russ some times life is very unfair and can be cruel all you can do is your best

Irony - 26/10/15 at 10:58 AM

Some people moan constantly and they make it their mission in life. I know a woman who complains at the slightest quibble. She has had 4 free holidays at centre parks due to constantly complaining about the cleaning of the apartments. Complaining pays these days. She more of less does it professional.

Plenty of people will correct him.

r1_pete - 26/10/15 at 11:04 AM

Forget him, if he comes back for more tell him to 'go to HEL'

Email and public forums are not the place to sort these problems out, that's where the phone comes in, unfortunately too many people hide behind email to air their gripes.....

richardm6994 - 26/10/15 at 11:07 AM

Personally, I know full well how hard it is to start a company from the ground up, and how a damming / unfair review can really hurt businesses.....so I do sympathize with your rant.

As some of you maybe aware, I am the Chairman of RHOCaR and as such I have looked into this matter to decide upon it's validity and whether or not to remove the topic from the forum.......I have tried to take a balanced view of it based upon my observations;

The legitimate complaint I see is the fact that the customer ordered 2 hoses at 400mm, however 1 of them arrived at 395mm and the other at 405mm.

I agree that this discrepancy is probably not noticeable when fitted to the car........however the fact still stands that you have not supplied the length which was ordered from you (irrespective of how much cheaper you are)......................does your website state a length tolerance that you work to?......from looking in various places on your website I couldn't see any tolerance advice anywhere.............however what you do state on your front page for brake hoses is;

"we are well used to providing the customer with exactly what he, or she, wants"

and

"Our custom made bespoke Stainless Steel Braided Flexible Brake Hoses, with Stainless Steel unions are made to your exact requirements"

So on one hand you openly claim to provide hoses to exact requirements.....but in reality (from what I can see) you don't supply to "exact" requirements, you supply to a tolerance however you do not make this tolerance known at order placement (unless I'm mistaken).

We all have to work to tolerances, I accept that, but your customer's should be made aware of this before they place their orders.......whenever I receive a machining job, I issue an approval drawing fully dimensioned with tolerances for my customer to approve before any work is done and money changes hands.

Lessons learnt? you are always going to find pedantic customers, and so you need probably need to make sure you update your website with tolerances that you work to?

If I have missed where you state hose length tolerances on your website, then I am sorry and my points made above would not be valid and so I would gladly remove the topic from the RHOCaR forum.

ReMan - 26/10/15 at 11:08 AM

As said give him the opportunity to close it with a copy f your responses.
He won't , so that makes him the cock with a short keyboard warrior fuse, before, as you clearly have, giving you the opportunity to fully resolve it to his satisfaction. But as mentioned its good enough to fit
I'd be pissed if I were you too. Unfortunatly we live in a world of internet fucktards having had my own share recently on eBay and other such more local sires where people reserve the right to wee you about

[Edited on 26/10/15 by ReMan]

PAUL FISHER - 26/10/15 at 11:56 AM

I think the guy is being a bit pedantic over 5mm, and then making it out as a big issue on the Robin Hood forum.
But having said that having been self employed for the last 20years, the customer is always right, even when he is not.
You could have just offered him a couple of nuts, and to make him another hose up, either 395mm 400mm or 405mm, I am sure he would have been happy then, yes its cost you a few quid, but its worth it for no stress.
Also it does say on your webb site, that the brake hoses with bulk head fixings come with a nut

http://furorecars.co.uk/brake-clutch-hoses/

CosKev3 - 26/10/15 at 12:03 PM

I can see his point if it does not state on the order form/hose listing page you work to a 5mm tolerance.

I wouldn't be happy with hoses 10mm difference in length tbh,as I'm fussy and unless I agreed to the tolerance difference before purchase I would expect the hoses to be spot on to my ordered length.

Don't agree with the public posting on a forum though.

Doctor Derek Doctors - 26/10/15 at 12:50 PM

This sort of stuff really annoys me and also worries me with running a small business, one complete pranny can spread a load of bile. The thread title is the worst bit "Name and Shame", what a thoughtless thing to do.

Mark100 - 26/10/15 at 12:52 PM

Ive never had any problem with any of the stuff from you and when the wrong battery did arrive you changed it and had the new one on next day delivery free of charge keep up the good work chap

sandwich - 26/10/15 at 01:33 PM

A sign of a good company is how well they treat the awkward customers. Posting on another forum "Flaming the Flamer" and trying to score points is not the sign of a mature and customer focussed company. What were you hoping to achieve by even doing this? How many of your customers are Robin Hood owners or builders? You may have alienated many of your future customers with your snide and snobbish comments about the Robin Hood quality. Is it your aim to destroy your business?

The better way would be to deal with this behind the scenes, instead of making yourself look like an amateur.

MikeRJ - 26/10/15 at 02:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by richardm6994
Personally, I know full well how hard it is to start a company from the ground up, and how a damming / unfair review can really hurt businesses.....so I do sympathize with your rant.

As some of you maybe aware, I am the Chairman of RHOCaR and as such I have looked into this matter to decide upon it's validity and whether or not to remove the topic from the forum.......I have tried to take a balanced view of it based upon my observations;

The legitimate complaint I see is the fact that the customer ordered 2 hoses at 400mm, however 1 of them arrived at 395mm and the other at 405mm.

I agree that this discrepancy is probably not noticeable when fitted to the car........however the fact still stands that you have not supplied the length which was ordered from you (irrespective of how much cheaper you are)......................does your website state a length tolerance that you work to?......from looking in various places on your website I couldn't see any tolerance advice anywhere.............

Firstly, as a chairman you should be putting forward your views in a professional manner, and putting dozens of full stops between sentences is anything but.

I've just checked out Russ's web site and within 20 seconds of opening the FuroreProduct ashop front I found this statement on hose tolerance. It's not hidden, you simply navigate to the brake hose section and it's very clearly stated at the top of the page.

sandwich - 26/10/15 at 02:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ

I've just checked out Russ's web site and within 20 seconds of opening the FuroreProduct ashop front I found this statement on hose tolerance. It's not hidden, you simply navigate to the brake hose section and it's very clearly stated at the top of the page.

The original site the hoses were purchased from was Brakehose.co.uk according to the post. Not http://furoreproducts.co.uk. I can't see a tolerance listed on the site the hoses were purchased from (although I may have missed it)

jeffw - 26/10/15 at 02:28 PM

"If I have missed where you state hose length tolerances on your website, then I am sorry and my points made above would not be valid and so I would gladly remove the topic from the RHOCaR forum. "

"Stainless Steel Braided Flexible Brake Hoses, with Stainless Steel unions made to your...

Please be aware that due to monitor/computer differences and changes made by our supplier, the colour of hoses may be differ slightly. We make hoses to a tolerance of + or - 5mm, it is ALWAYS better to have a hose slightly too long than too short, a short hose can be dangerous, so please make adequate allowance when specifying your hoses. If you require a hose where absolute accuracy is required then please contact us at the time of order & we will do our best to ensure accuracy"

I guess this means the rant will be taken down then.

sandwich - 26/10/15 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
"If I have missed where you state hose length tolerances on your website, then I am sorry and my points made above would not be valid and so I would gladly remove the topic from the RHOCaR forum. "

"Stainless Steel Braided Flexible Brake Hoses, with Stainless Steel unions made to your...

Please be aware that due to monitor/computer differences and changes made by our supplier, the colour of hoses may be differ slightly. We make hoses to a tolerance of + or - 5mm, it is ALWAYS better to have a hose slightly too long than too short, a short hose can be dangerous, so please make adequate allowance when specifying your hoses. If you require a hose where absolute accuracy is required then please contact us at the time of order & we will do our best to ensure accuracy"

I guess this means the rant will be taken down then.

JeffW, where on http://brakehose.co.uk is that? I can't seem to find it.

richardm6994 - 26/10/15 at 02:44 PM

firstly apologies to the grammar police.............

secondly, the website used for buying the hoses is;
http://brakehose.co.uk/

As I said before, I cannot find any references to tolerances on the site used for buying the hoses. If I have missed the tolerance statement on that site and someone could point me in the direction of them (not to a completely different website), then I am wrong in what I have said in the above post.

Lastly, I would point out a couple of my own personal frustrations wit what has been said;

"what really gripes is that I have no way to defend myself on the forum in question as I'm not a member there"
This is not the case. Anyone can join the forum as a user an contribute to this discussion. I have seen that a member on here (Irony) has done just that earlier this morning.

"we can to satisfy his "issue" (perhaps that should be mental problem!)"
So putting dozens of full stops between sentences make me unprofessional, however calling a customer as has having "mental problems" is perfectly acceptable on LCB?!?!?!

That is me done now on this topic. I will honor what I say and remove the topic on RHOCaR if someone can show me where tolerances are clearly stated on the website used for purchasing the hoses.......http://brakehose.co.uk/

[Edited on 26/10/15 by richardm6994]

owelly - 26/10/15 at 02:49 PM

Taken from the brakehose site

quote:

If a bespoke item has a mistake which was due to an error on behalf of Furore Products then we will replace or reimburse you. If an item is made and the error was on the order then the item will be deemed to be made as ordered. We will in all events endeavour to come to a happy conclusion.

I guess that concludes the discussion.

Incidentally, I have used furoreproducts.co.uk quite a few times and had nothing but excellent service. I've 'phoned them at 5pm and had my custom hoses on my doormat by 10am the next day.

jossey - 26/10/15 at 04:06 PM

The guys a prick I trust you guys and if I had a problem with your stuff I trust you would solve.

Thanks

Irony - 26/10/15 at 04:16 PM

quote:

Anyone can join the forum as a user an contribute to this discussion. I have seen that a member on here (Irony) has done just that earlier this morning.

Yep, that was me. I have bought quite a few products from Furore and all have been to a high standard as was the customer service. Russ even helped with a difficult 'to get matched up' clutch hose which no other company wanted to help with. He phoned me himself. I just felt it important to get a different review on there.

I don't own my own business but I work in marketing and I know how damaging it can be to have one bad review on a internet forum. People are quick to post a complaint or even a opinion (any locostbuilder should remember this post, which I believe should be removed link). We have had our own staff voicing their negative opinions on social media a few times. If you have a problem then take it up with the person responsible, not in the public domain (unless very very serious). We have now made negative opinion on social media a action of GROSS MISCONDUCT in all employees contracts.

In fact thinking about it, if Forure can prove the OP wrong he could start court proceedings.

Charlie_Zetec - 26/10/15 at 04:38 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't be overly happy with 10mm difference between hoses if I bought them off-the-shelf product at full retail price, but then again, I'm rather OCD about things! But if you're paying a lesser amount, for the same quality product, and the tolerances are stated on the site (or any other affiliated site), then you always take the risk that one may have maximum tolerance and the other the lower tolerance. Standard operating procedure.

As for things like the nuts, well, if you're that fussed about it then perhaps you should've read the product description properly! I'm sure everyone here has glanced over something before and missed bits off, and that's exactly what has happened here.

I've spoken with Russ over plenty of things, and always found him more than helpful. And yes, in some instances you do go the "extra mile" to keep some customers happy, but you can't/don't do it for all of them.

"You'll never please 100% of the people 100% of the time."

I'd recommend Russ/Furore based upon my conversations alone.

v8kid - 26/10/15 at 04:53 PM

quote:

"we can to satisfy his "issue" (perhaps that should be mental problem!)"
So putting dozens of full stops between sentences make me unprofessional, however calling a customer as has having "mental problems" is perfectly acceptable on LCB?!?!?!

[Edited on 26/10/15 by richardm6994]

Surely this has gone far enough? I for one would hesitate to buy from a company whose response to a complaint was to label the customer as having "mental problems". I understand a suppliers frustration at a grossly overstated complaint but is name calling going to resolve it?

Best for all parties to cool down and apologize to each other for going too far.

After all we are all gentlemen here

Cheers!

russbost - 26/10/15 at 05:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
I think the guy is being a bit pedantic over 5mm, and then making it out as a big issue on the Robin Hood forum.
But having said that having been self employed for the last 20years, the customer is always right, even when he is not.
You could have just offered him a couple of nuts, and to make him another hose up, either 395mm 400mm or 405mm, I am sure he would have been happy then, yes its cost you a few quid, but its worth it for no stress.
Also it does say on your webb site, that the brake hoses with bulk head fixings come with a nut

http://furorecars.co.uk/brake-clutch-hoses/

Sorry I've not responded to any of these till now, been very busy all day - Mondays are invariably a busy day!

It is unusual for us to be out by 10mm over 2 hoses, & an unusual coincidence that one is on the bottom tolerance & the other the top, but of course I have only his word for the lengths. As you will see from our response I have offered to replace one of the hoses, but he doesn't apparently want that, as for offering a couple of nuts, well yes I could have offered that, but he'd already posted his "name & shame" by then, which strangely made me a little less cooperative! For anyone thinking it's petty to charge for the nuts I suggest go to any supplier other than ourselves & see what they cost! Stainless steel half nuts in m10 x 1.0, because it's not a standard thread, are extortionate - when we sell them at £1ea, I can assure you I'm not making a lot out of that.

Re the wording you've spotted on Furore Cars, I wasn't aware of the discrepancy & will immediately correct it, though he hasn't bought from Furore Cars Ltd. which is a completely different company to Furore Products which is a partnership, not a limited company. Apologies for being a pedant!

russbost - 26/10/15 at 05:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sandwich
A sign of a good company is how well they treat the awkward customers. Posting on another forum "Flaming the Flamer" and trying to score points is not the sign of a mature and customer focussed company. What were you hoping to achieve by even doing this? How many of your customers are Robin Hood owners or builders? You may have alienated many of your future customers with your snide and snobbish comments about the Robin Hood quality. Is it your aim to destroy your business?

Appreciate the response, but I was quite frankly fuming when I found the thread, which I was alerted to by 2 different members on here - I don't know how many others on here use the rhocar forum & I don't want my good reputation attacked for no good reason, hence I felt it only fair to tell the whole story rather than a convenient part of it. I wasn't attempting to score points & I wasn't making snide or snobbish comments about Robin Hood (although they were never known as the most accurate chassis around, I believe the GBS car has a much better reputation?) I could just as easily have mentioned any other 7 manufacturer or pretty much any other kit manufacturer including ourselves - my point was that people simply don't work to tolerances of around 1% on anything that is non critical, if we were talking about machining a crankshaft it would be a different matter.

russbost - 26/10/15 at 05:27 PM

I apologise for the "mental problem" comment, as already stated I was absolutely fuming, but it was meant in a tongue in cheek way rather than a deliberate slur on his mental health - I have removed it from the original post, but obviously can't remove it from anyone elses!

Thank you to all the posts supporting us, we will continue to do our best to provide good quality products at the best prices - cheers Guys

Staple balls - 26/10/15 at 05:30 PM

I'd personally offer the git some nuts for free, but let him pay the postage, then wang em on a pallet, just to be sure they get there nice and safe.

russbost - 26/10/15 at 05:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls
I'd personally offer the git some nuts for free, but let him pay the postage, then wang em on a pallet, just to be sure they get there nice and safe.

Where's the "like" button when you want it!

maccavvy - 26/10/15 at 05:52 PM

Ill quite happily post all messages and replies regarding this matter.

but id want everyone to read through them word for word please.

The hoses arrived today. I ordered 420mm long. one is 425 one is 415 . also there is no nut on the bulkhead fitting side.
Id like them both the same length at least.

Can you advise how you proceed with this matter.

Hi,
our hoses are custom made by hand so some discrepancies are expected as we work to a 5mm +/- tolerance and 5mm out within 400mm is around a 1% discrepancy and we simply can not be more accurate than that, we try to make the hoses to the exact length customers ask but again these are hand made. We would never advise measuring a brake line to be so tight that 5mm would make a difference in fitting.

As for the bulkhead fittings, they are not supplied with nuts automatically, they are on the website as an extra as we have found that many people prefer to source there own, this means that a hose with a bulkhead fitting now does not increase the price of the hose and the nuts are on the website on there own under the price that we used to add when a bulkhead fitting was ordered.

I hope this helps and clears everything up for you.

Regards

Hi.

I was unaware that it wouldn't come with a nut. no where does it say without,simularly no where does it say with.
The last company I used supplied them that's all.
As far as the length is concered no where does it say on your website that its to a tolerance.Bit odd that ones 5mm short and one 5mm longer.
Im a bit of a perfectionist and this will annoy me. Im sure that if everything on my car was to the same tolerance it would handle and drive very funny.
the company I used before managed to get them both exact.
Thanks for emailing me back.
its obvious you are going to do nothing about it.
ill simply never use you in the future.

Marcus

Hi Marcus

I'm sorry you are not happy with the product, however I would point out that had you bought those same hoses from HEL you would have paid a LOT more just to get a "free" nut!

We do specify the tolerance on the website, perhaps we should make it more prominent, it's possible you didn't see it as I believe you came to us from a link on another site. However in 7 years of making & supplying hoses we have never had this issue before, if there is any question that the shorter hose would not be safe for use on the car then please return it to us for replacement, we can do our best to make it 5mm "long" so it would match the other hose perfectly.

With regard to the nut, I could equally well point out that nowhere do we say, "supplied with nut" - whereas, for instance we do say on the banjo fittings, "copper washers supplied FOC" - when taking phone orders we ask the customer if they want nuts for the bulkheads at £1ea & I would say around 4 out of 5 prefer to use the original nuts they have.

I've seen your review of ourselves on the Rhocar site & I believe it is totally unfair, perhaps you would be kind enough to actually put a copy of our response to you on the site as well as I feel that might supply a more accurate overall picture. We have NEVER before had a poor review from anyone, in fact if you look at the locostbuilders site there are glowing reviews from many satisfied customers. You might at least have allowed us the opportunity of putting things right before "dissing" our good reputation in public!

Our aim is to satsify our customers & keep them happy, so, if you are unhappy then please let us do something to make that right.

Regards Russ

Firstly as russ mentioned it didn't state when ordering them or was difficult to spo about tolerances or nuts. his own admission says he needs to make this more prominent.

I will happily post the timeline of this.

I asked him how we proceed. his reply states I hope this clears it up.nothing about putting it right. I then write a post about poor customer service. that's whats this is about after all, and then he offers to sort it out.
Id be a happier chap if he just offered to put one of them right. I know 5mm probably isn't here or there to most of you,but if one company can get them exact why cant the next.
As far as name calling is concerned it shows what level people work on.
Ive got mental problems ,and im a dick, cock fucktard and git as well. well done to you all.
If Russ has said 1st off send em back ill try better to get em closer and if you pay for the nuts ill post em for free back with the hoses. this would have been an AWESOME customer service thread

I own my own business and if made a mistake of 10mm difference id have to redo things at my cost. surely the customer and their happiness is of prime concern.

russbost - 26/10/15 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by maccavvy
Ill quite happily post all messages and replies regarding this matter.

but id want everyone to read through them word for word please.

The hoses arrived today. I ordered 420mm long. one is 425 one is 415 . also there is no nut on the bulkhead fitting side.
Id like them both the same length at least.

Can you advise how you proceed with this matter.

Hi,
our hoses are custom made by hand so some discrepancies are expected as we work to a 5mm +/- tolerance and 5mm out within 400mm is around a 1% discrepancy and we simply can not be more accurate than that, we try to make the hoses to the exact length customers ask but again these are hand made. We would never advise measuring a brake line to be so tight that 5mm would make a difference in fitting.

As for the bulkhead fittings, they are not supplied with nuts automatically, they are on the website as an extra as we have found that many people prefer to source there own, this means that a hose with a bulkhead fitting now does not increase the price of the hose and the nuts are on the website on there own under the price that we used to add when a bulkhead fitting was ordered.

I hope this helps and clears everything up for you.

Regards

Hi.

I was unaware that it wouldn't come with a nut. no where does it say without,simularly no where does it say with.
The last company I used supplied them that's all.
As far as the length is concered no where does it say on your website that its to a tolerance.Bit odd that ones 5mm short and one 5mm longer.
Im a bit of a perfectionist and this will annoy me. Im sure that if everything on my car was to the same tolerance it would handle and drive very funny.
the company I used before managed to get them both exact.
Thanks for emailing me back.
its obvious you are going to do nothing about it.
ill simply never use you in the future.

Marcus

Hi Marcus

Regards Russ

Firstly as russ mentioned it didn't state when ordering them or was difficult to spo about tolerances or nuts. his own admission says he needs to make this more prominent.

I will happily post the timeline of this.

I asked him how we proceed. his reply states I hope this clears it up.nothing about putting it right. I then write a post about poor customer service. that's whats this is about after all, and then he offers to sort it out.
Id be a happier chap if he just offered to put one of them right. I know 5mm probably isn't here or there to most of you,but if one company can get them exact why cant the next.
As far as name calling is concerned it shows what level people work on.
Ive got mental problems ,and im a dick, cock fucktard and git as well. well done to you all.
If Russ has said 1st off send em back ill try better to get em closer and if you pay for the nuts ill post em for free back with the hoses. this would have been an AWESOME customer service thread

I own my own business and if made a mistake of 10mm difference id have to redo things at my cost. surely the customer and their happiness is of prime concern.

But I have already offered to replace one of the hoses - you said you didn't want that??? Also when posting on the Rhocar site you didn't post our reply saying we would replace the hose FOC! That was conveniently omitted, though I see it has now been added.

[Edited on 26/10/15 by russbost]

sdh2903 - 26/10/15 at 06:05 PM

Jesus. If 10mm causes all this fuss then people really don't have a lot going on in their lives.

Either let Russ put it right by supplying another hose as he offered or move on. Don't slag a company off until you've given them ample chance to put it right. I've used Russ a dozen or so times for various bits and bobs with 100% service everytime.

Just to put life into context, this year I've had a grandparent succumb to alzheimers and dementia, a close friend lost his fiance to meningitis and a close workmate had a heart transplant 2 days ago.

10mm? Life's too short!!

[Edited on 26/10/15 by sdh2903]

maccavvy - 26/10/15 at 06:15 PM

Ive clearly posted all this info on rhocar too for all to see and decide.

I asked russ how he could put it right.

He stated the tolerance bit which be his own admission is difficult to find.

Then I posted.

Then he offered. Maybe he should have offered first.then we wouldn't be here with name calling etc

So all im damning is the customer service.

if you read the rhocar post its not entitely flaming more a tread careful .

maybe this should be all deleted and same on rhocar as it seems to be going in circles.

russbost - 26/10/15 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by maccavvy
Ive clearly posted all this info on rhocar too for all to see and decide.

I asked russ how he could put it right.

He stated the tolerance bit which be his own admission is difficult to find.

Then I posted.

Then he offered. Maybe he should have offered first.then we wouldn't be here with name calling etc

So all im damning is the customer service.

if you read the rhocar post its not entitely flaming more a tread careful .

maybe this should be all deleted and same on rhocar as it seems to be going in circles.

Marcus, I have offered to replace a hose, you will need to return the previous one & please give me the exact length to make it to, I will get it as close as I possibly can, I really don't see what else I can offer to do ..............?

BenB - 26/10/15 at 06:42 PM

All I'm saying is I suspect I (and most people) wouldn't have noticed that small a difference and even if they had they wouldn't have given a shit. They're flexi hoses after all!!!!

Too many people need to take a chill pill.

Russ- only bought some stuff once from you but it was spot on and came quickly. I'm a happy customer.

Now please can we get on to the important questions in life like BECs vs CECs

maccavvy - 26/10/15 at 06:44 PM

Hi russ.

The issue was that you didn't offer to do anything till after the rhocar post.

That was the rant..poor service in my opinion.

Its too late now anyways as I needed to fit them.

Maybe your site needs altering so this doesn't happen again,and maybe the payment page needs to state nuts are extra.

as for name calling ,that's self explanatory what to do there.

Im done on this , needs locking or removing.

02GF74 - 26/10/15 at 06:55 PM

@maccavvy

I am curious as to what difference you think it really makes having one brake hose 5 mm shorter and the other 5 mm longer in a 400 mm?!?!?

Staple balls - 26/10/15 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
@maccavvy

I am curious as to what difference you think it really makes having one brake hose 5 mm shorter and the other 5 mm longer in a 400 mm?!?!?

On a similar note, were the tolerances on a RH 2B not legendarily something like +- 150mm?

Seriously though, I bet there's not a locost in the land where 10mm will make any reasonable difference, and honestly, if you're at the point where it's noticeable, I'd say you needed to order hoses that were 2" longer.

BenB - 26/10/15 at 08:21 PM

Doesn't it depend massively on where that 5mm tolerance is? Everything is built to a tolerance- be it a brake hose, a NASA lunar lander or a Veyron. It's a question of what tolerance..... Hell screw exact measurements you can choose the colour

If a wiring loom wire was 5mm longer than required no-one would give a shit.

Perhaps in retrospect the RHOcar poster could have asked a simple question- what degree of accuracy would be expected a brake hose of that length.... If the RHOcar brotherhood all sung in unison then fair enough. But it does feel like they jumped on a slightly OCDish bandwagon and slated someone for no reason.

Anyway, peace out. Too much proper worrying poo in this world to stress too much about someone getting their knickers in a twist about something that makes jack poo difference to how a car drives and in reality will make no difference.

adamswifty - 26/10/15 at 08:30 PM

I've quickly scanned this thread and from my perspective this is more about "in principle" rather than "in practice". If the site offers the ability to specify length in mm, that would suggest a high degree of accuracy. It's academic if the 10mm tolerance is actually an issue in the real world, its about expectation setting.

chris - 26/10/15 at 08:46 PM

I am no engineer but I would find it a bit odd if I ordered two identical things from an engineering company at 400mm put side by side to find them 10mm difference at such a small length I think that is a big difference if it was me sending them out to a customer they would not have been sent I just like things to be right
but I don't like .........

JacksAvon - 26/10/15 at 09:27 PM

I was a RHOCAR member for many years, even after I sold the devils spawn of a 3A.

Some appear to have become bitter and twisted since then.

Apart from Longborder, who is and always has been a true gent'

britishtrident - 26/10/15 at 10:42 PM

For me +- 5mm is OK but 10mm difference between two hoses to the same order spec is just wee bit too much and I also can understand most people would expect half nuts supplied with bulkhead fitting hoses but that is no excuse for what the "customer" did.

Strangely people are more likely to bitch about a service sold at a bargain price than one they are taken to the cleaners for.

chris - 26/10/15 at 11:16 PM

Strangely people are more likely to bitch about a service sold at a bargain price than one they are taken to the cleaners for.

agree with this statement

hizzi - 27/10/15 at 08:02 AM

for christ sake phone each other and sort it out theres two pages of this crap now, bloddy keyboard warriors

sandwich - 27/10/15 at 08:09 AM

And all this could have been avoided if the supplier had got the tolerance details on the http://brakehose.co.uk website and the product details included information on what was and wasn't included. Hopefully a lesson learnt by the supplier.

Oddified - 27/10/15 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chris

agree with this statement

Absolutely true, and i've never been able to figure out why...

Ian

russbost - 27/10/15 at 10:06 AM

Ok, let's get a few things straight, first look at the timeline:-

19th Oct 8pm, Marcus sends his first email saying hoses are slightly different lengths & no nuts supplied

20th Oct 10am, our reply saying hoses are within spec & that nuts are supplied as a separate item - so far as I am aware at this point there is nothing wrong, customer has misunderstood, is perhaps a little miffed & we've explained

22nd Oct 07.53 am Marcus replies saying he's basically not happy about it but we "obviously aren't going to do anything about it" - his words not ours, he hasn't actually asked us to do anything specific at this point -

HOWEVER

22nd Oct 07.04am BEFORE the above email! Marcus has already posted his "name & shame" thread almost an hour before his second email to us!!!

How exactly am I supposed to fix a problem I don't know I've got!!!

22nd Oct10.15am my reply to Marcus with the offer of replacing the hose

Just look at the response times above - how many other suppliers would have responded anything like as quickly? With every order we send out we send a "flyer" saying that our aim is to please, have happy customers etc & that if there is ANY problem then please ring us giving the phone no. - one phone call would have sorted this out to the customers satisfaction

Further to the above I have publicly offered to replace the hose - why do I want the old one back? So I can measure it & make the replacement an exact no. of mm longer! At present I haven't seen either of these hoses & have no idea whether the customers measurement is accurate

In response to the 3 or so recent comments about "wouldn't be happy with 10mm difference", please let me explain:-

The tolerance given on the website is just that, a tolerance, it is not what we normally work to, it is very, very rare for us to make a hose shorter than the given length, because obviously if a hose is too short it's dangerous, hence we always tend to err to wards the long side. We've been making hoses for around 7 years now, I would guess around 4000 or so hoses, this is the only complaint of this nature we've EVER had - surely that must tell you something. The typical variation in hose length would be normally be a couple of mm, can we be super accurate - yes of course, but it all takes time & time is money, we do our utmost to produce a quality product at a reasonable price. The likelihood of you receiving from us 2 hoses of the same spec which differ by 10mm is very very small, I can't say it's never happened before, but if it has we've certainly never been told about it

If Marcus wants to ring me he is welcome to do so - my personal mobile no. is 07914 258651, please don't broadcast it, it's not our normal business no.

I stand by my original statement - the public flaming is entirely unfair & unwarranted, have we at Furore made any errors - yes, & I have made apologies, offer of rectification & have already or am in the process of doing so, changing some wording on the websites. Please remember the man who has never made a mistake is the man who's never made anything ....................

r1_pete - 27/10/15 at 10:43 AM

Well I for one will continue to use your hose services Russ.

As I eluded to in my previous post there is a time for email, and a time to pick up the phone and behave like grown ups.

sandwich - 27/10/15 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by russbost
The tolerance given on the website is just that, a tolerance, it is not what we normally work to, it is very, very rare for us to make a hose shorter than the given length,

You've still not grasped it, your site http://brakehose.co.uk/ has no tolerance listed on it, it just says "providing the customer with exactly what he, or she, wants" How was the purchaser to know they would be done to a tolerance?

quote:
If Marcus wants to ring me he is welcome to do so - my personal mobile no. is 07914 258651, please don't broadcast it, it's not our normal business no.

If you don't want it broadcasting then posting this on a public web site that anyone can access is probably not the best thing then? Dealing with things via pm/email would make more sense than attempting a public flogging of the purchaser and making yourself look daft.

Still wonder why you chose to post up on this site and not the site where the bad review was? More friends here to support you?

[Edited on 27/10/15 by sandwich]

russbost - 27/10/15 at 10:59 AM

quote:
quote:
The tolerance given on the website is just that, a tolerance, it is not what we normally work to, it is very, very rare for us to make a hose shorter than the given length,

You've still not grasped it, your site http://brakehose.co.uk/ has no tolerance listed on it, it just says "providing the customer with exactly what he, or she, wants" How was the purchaser to know they would be done to a tolerance?

quote:

If you don't want it broadcasting then posting this on a public web site that anyone can access is probably not the best thing then? Dealing with things via pm/email would make more sense than attempting a public flogging of the purchaser and making yourself look daft.

Still wonder why you chose to post up on this site and not the site where the bad review was? More friends here to support you?

[Edited on 27/10/15 by sandwich]

As already stated I am in the process of getting wording changed on that site - already done elsewhere where I have better access - it will be done shortly

Re the phone no. I am still doing my best to help the customer - I rather doubt that too many million people will see it here & if Marcus contacts me then I can edit it out, & I am sorry, but I beg to differ, sorting things out over the phone unless they are absolutely straightforward is invariably better than email when messages & feelings can easily be misconstrued.

I didn't realise I could join the Rhocar site originally, I don't have a Robin Hood! Having now found I could I have now joined, but am unable to post as the thread has been locked, however I am sending a copy of response to Richard who has kindly said he will publish for me, he doesn't want to reopen the thread which I can understand

BenB - 27/10/15 at 12:52 PM

quote:
quote:

If they came the wrong colour or with the wrong fittings then it would be different. That would clearly not be giving the customer what they want.
But everything built to a given size is by definition built to a tolerance. So the purchaser would know they would be done to a tolerance because they have to be.
So the only question here is what tolerance is acceptable.
And the answer is?

1) Close enough so it doesn't effect function
2) Close enough to be okay for a perfectionist

Clearly here it cannot be said #1 is applicable.
Can #2 be? The RHOcar OP says " I know theyre not massively out and probably wont notice it". So what's the problem?

The RHOcar OP says " if your a stickler for details they may not be the people to deal with." as well as the above statement about them likely not being noticeable due to the tolerances of the 2b car.

So isn't this really just pedantry?

I can be a right anally retentive pedantic person at times. But I own it and compensate for it rather than expecting the world to fit to my autistic tendancies. If a website doesn't give tolerances I'd e-mail and ask. You have to remember that like most humans Russ is not telepathic. I'm sure had the OP e-mailed and explained exacting requirements then Russ would have be only to happy to make yet another customer happy. It's not like in the kit car business there are an endless supply of customers. Which is why "naming and shaming" a company for supplying brake hoses which work fine and which by his own opinion won't make an obvious aesthetic difference seems a bit harsh!!!!