Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone registered through Stockton DVLA recently?
BenTyreman

posted on 31/1/11 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone registered through Stockton DVLA recently?

Has anyone registered their kit through Stockton DVLA recently?

I am trying to find out whether Stockton wants the build up inspection to happen before or after the IVA test, whether they will come to you or if you have to go to them, and whether the VIN number assigned by DAX will be acceptable or if they will assign one.

The DVLA "helpline" (the loosest possible definition) refused to hand out any form of advice other than "submit the application and find out". How can you submit the V55/4 without the type approval number?

coozer

posted on 31/1/11 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
I regged mine at Stockton, very easy there with Kelly.

Just wait until after IVA and Kelly there will help you get it through in less than 1/2 hour.

I did my SVA on the morning, went into Stockton on the way back with all the forms, plonked them on the counter and Kelly inspected the car outside. She mentioned I supposed to have an appointment but hey...

Build up inspection report, build diary (pics) V55/4 or 5, and the receipts associated to the inspection report. Money for the first tax disc and reg fee. I also took the V5 from the donor which they retained.

All in a very pleasant experience.

Any Q's before hand go in and ask. They were really helpful with me, if its Kelly's day off ask when she's in and go back. I asked about the Vin number early on and they checked it, confirmed it OK and sent ti back with all the forms as well!

Good luck!
Steve

[Edited on 31/1/11 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

BenTyreman

posted on 31/1/11 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds good. I guess begging for forgiveness is better than asking for permission with regards to the VIN number. I have no idea what they would do if you passed IVA with the VIN number you made up, then they rejected it at DVLA. Would you need to obtain a new MAC certificate somehow? Unfortunately, the DVLA centre is about 25 miles in the opposite direction to the IVA centre so I can't "drop in" on the way back, and as far as I can tell it probably isn't legal to drive it there. Do you know if Stockton will come out to see you at home? They did 12 years ago, but they didn't 6 years ago.

BenTyreman

posted on 31/1/11 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Any Q's before hand go in and ask. They were really helpful with me, if its Kelly's day off ask when she's in and go back. I asked about the Vin number early on and they checked it, confirmed it OK and sent ti back with all the forms as well!

Not too long ago people were being clamped for parking outside the Stockton DVLA centre. Its a simple question that could be handled with a 2 minute phone call, if only Swansea would connect you to the local office.

Mal

posted on 31/1/11 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
You could by-pass Swansea DVLA by writing to Kelly at Stockton. I made up a 17 character VIN and sent it to my local office asking if it was OK and they sent me one they approved.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.