Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Omex running weak.
coozer

posted on 16/4/11 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Omex running weak.

Just wired up the Omex and been out, nice smooth revs, mighty fine idle compared to the MS but AFR gauge is stuck on 18. Also whacking the throttle it bogs down. Me thinks it needs more fuel.

How can I up the fuel map right across the whole lot? Don't seem to be able to do this as you can with MS.

Its booked in for a RR session but not till after Stoneleigh, I want to get it running better before then.

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Dusty

posted on 16/4/11 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Across the board?
Setup - Fuel Setup - Fuel Setup options - MicroSec/bit. The last is linear, bigger number = richer. It will also affect idle, startup and acceleration fueling, engine and air temp corrections etc. (Across the board!)
To make a difference you need to go up at least 5 but this is a crude way of doing things and no substitute to getting it on the rollers ASAP.

You can go to the fuel map table, highlight (hold left button and drag through them) all the values you want to raise and just hit the + button a few times. Adds a bit to each highlighted cell each time you hit the button. Then off to accel fueling and increase that to get rid of the bogging down.

[Edited on 16/4/11 by Dusty]

will121

posted on 16/4/11 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
if you say its running lean right through rev range, do you know what base map you are using and at what fuel pressure it was set against? if you are running a lesser fuel pressure than map was set against might be why
coozer

posted on 16/4/11 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel pressure is 3 bar and the map is ST170 that they had off another car.

I know a RR session is in order but just trying to get it somewhere close. Just to say as well its running a lot better than with the MS on!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

jeffw

posted on 16/4/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
My Zetec is running 4Bar fuel on a Omex...might be worth taking it up a bit?

atspeed racing

posted on 19/4/11 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
as a test for global change go to view > virtual pot box. here you can add fuel as a global change to see what the effect is (a useful diagnostic aid) (can also send the changes to ecu if you like, but bare in mind this does EVERYTHING.

if throttle pump, cold start etc all good. try just highlighting cells in main fuel map and adding fuel

also may be its too rich and lambda is reading wrong, so try less fuel too?

- colin

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
coozer

posted on 14/5/11 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by atspeed racing
as a test for global change go to view > virtual pot box. here you can add fuel as a global change to see what the effect is (a useful diagnostic aid) (can also send the changes to ecu if you like, but bare in mind this does EVERYTHING.

if throttle pump, cold start etc all good. try just highlighting cells in main fuel map and adding fuel

also may be its too rich and lambda is reading wrong, so try less fuel too?

- colin

Turns out your bang on there Colin, RR session showed a very rich mixture which has been fixed and car now drives much better, just need to redesign the throttle pedal to give me a nice position NAD enough travel to open the TB's fully

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.