Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Power pop rivet tool
ReMan

posted on 4/10/20 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Power pop rivet tool

Just had this thrust into my internet.

As crap as some of these "shopping channel" things are I thought it was quite a good idea.
Looking at them , theres a few different ones on the bay of China

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rivet-Pop-Gun-Adaptor-For-Cordless-Drill-Electric-Nut-Riveting-Riveter-Insert-BL/224084149192?hash=item342c74c3c8:g:XzIAAOS w2Zld7h1c

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Bluemoon

posted on 4/10/20 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
Just had this thrust into my internet.

As crap as some of these "shopping channel" things are I thought it was quite a good idea.
Looking at them , theres a few different ones on the bay of China

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rivet-Pop-Gun-Adaptor-For-Cordless-Drill-Electric-Nut-Riveting-Riveter-Insert-BL/224084149192?hash=item342c74c3c8:g:XzIAAOS w2Zld7h1c

Looks worth a go...

Mr Whippy

posted on 4/10/20 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Tbh I find lazy tongs super easy unless it's a tight location
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 4/10/20 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
I have one, they work really well. But you have to use them with a battery powered drill or screwdriver. A mains powered drill doesn't have the initial torque, they just stall.
MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 6/10/20 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
I've wondered about getting a powered riveter - often see the air powered versions. I'll probably buy that unless someone shouts "don't"
MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 6/10/20 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
read lots of reviews ........ i'm not buying it.

Common complaints are its very slow at a maximim 2 rivets a minute, struggling to remove the rivet shank after rivetting and lots of reports of failure. Someone disassembled theirs (no guarentee they're all the same) but it pulls on a very small thread. They did break theirs pulling stainless rivets which i think is probably asking a bit much, others didn't say what rivet they used.

JonBowden

posted on 6/10/20 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
I bought one of these on eBay a while ago.
Air Riveter
I have only used it lightly but it seems quite good.
Capable of installing at a fast rate

Jon

John Bonnett

posted on 7/10/20 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a pneumatic one when had to set hundreds of rivets putting the floor into the Phoenix. Greatest thing since sliced bread in my opinion. I paid quite a lot for mine but this one looks very similar for not much money and a 3 year warranty. It even claims to do stainless. let me make it clear that I know nothing about this having only just come across it and am not recommending it; just pointing it out. But I do like SGS products

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/es1000-450kg-engine-stand?gclid=CjwKCAjwzvX7BRAeEiwAsXExo-UO0IJU_mzxm4x7l3cycGJmlGgohx6U1jl6NvfabVdf4UJadjwU6BoCEokQAv D_BwE

ste

posted on 8/10/20 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John Bonnett
I bought a pneumatic one when had to set hundreds of rivets putting the floor into the Phoenix. Greatest thing since sliced bread in my opinion. I paid quite a lot for mine but this one looks very similar for not much money and a 3 year warranty. It even claims to do stainless. let me make it clear that I know nothing about this having only just come across it and am not recommending it; just pointing it out. But I do like SGS products

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/es1000-450kg-engine-stand?gclid=CjwKCAjwzvX7BRAeEiwAsXExo-UO0IJU_mzxm4x7l3cycGJmlGgohx6U1jl6NvfabVdf4UJadjwU6BoCEokQAv D_BwE

What's an engine stand got to do with rivets

John Bonnett

posted on 8/10/20 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ste
quote:
Originally posted by John Bonnett

What's an engine stand got to do with rivets

Ha ha, not sure how that happened. I must be losing it!

ReMan

posted on 8/10/20 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
back to the good old (blistery) hand rvetter it is then :-)

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.