Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rally design Blackline mig welder
andrew-theasby

posted on 26/9/22 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Rally design Blackline mig welder

Hi its been a few years since ive visited here but now looking forward to getting back on with my build. Does anybody have any experience of the rally design black line 250amp mig welder? I think its a copy of the Rohr 250mi which i was planning to buy but theyre out of stock everywhere and a lot more expensive. Only downside i can see is it says max 0.8mm wire but im sure i could change the rollers and tip for 1.0mm when needed. Im only going to be using it for hobby use but do need the higher amps as i have some bigger jobs in mind too which is why im upgrading my trusty old clarke one. Thanks in advance.
Myke 2463

posted on 27/9/22 at 05:52 AM Reply With Quote
Have you checked the R Tech range https://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/welding-equipment/mig-welder very good reviews on here and mig forums. Very friendly and always at the end of the phone in the unlikely event you have a problem, or just tech advise .

Be Lucky Mike.

andrew-theasby

posted on 29/9/22 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Hi thanks for replying, yes ive seen the R-tech ones but just cant afford one of them unfortunately as much as i would like to
paulf

posted on 2/10/22 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
I bought one a couple of years ago to replace an ancient sip migwelder.I have only used it for a few minor jobs but have found it to be a big improvement over my old welder.The wire feed unit is far better as is the euro torch it is fitted with.
To use on max power requires a 32 amp socket and mine was supplieda blue 32 amp surface mount socket and plug.I already had a dedicated welder supply and justfitted the socket in place of the 3 pin socket.It would work on lower ranges with an adaptor lead from a 13 amp fused plug to a 32 amp trailing socket.
Maybe not as good as the Rtech units but much cheaper and does the job well and plenty of spares available if required.

andrew-theasby

posted on 2/10/22 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Great thanks for that, i actually emailed them too to get a bit more detailed spec for it but they told me it could only take 0.6/0.8mm wire which i found unusual for a welder of this power, can you confirm if spare tips and feed wheels are available after market in 1mm or if there is some strange physical reason why it cant take 1mm wire? Thanks
paulf

posted on 4/10/22 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andrew-theasby
Great thanks for that, i actually emailed them too to get a bit more detailed spec for it but they told me it could only take 0.6/0.8mm wire which i found unusual for a welder of this power, can you confirm if spare tips and feed wheels are available after market in 1mm or if there is some strange physical reason why it cant take 1mm wire? Thanks

I havent tried with any other size wire than .8 as that does all i need but the torch seems to take standard tips and liners and I expect it would be posssible to find a drive roller but maybe 1mm wire may be a bit heavier for the feed system to drive so may increase wear on it.
What do you plan on welding with it as i have always used .8mm for both car body work and welding steel plate up to about 6mm thick.

andrew-theasby

posted on 5/10/22 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
Well ive ordered one now so fingers crossed, most of what i do would be fine on 0.8 ive just got a few jobs i want to do with 10mm and its always handy to have the ability to do more. Im sure it seems to be the same machine as the Rohr 250mi which can do 0.6, 0.8 and 1.0 out of the box but its a fair bit dearer and rally design have said this one has a 4m torch so thats another plus

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.