Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Laser cutting
Theshed

posted on 14/9/23 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Laser cutting

Does anybody in the collective know of a laser cutting service that actually answers e-mails? I am struggling to find anybody to do a number of cutting jobs (wing support etc). I started by sending quote requests to LaserMaster in Cornwall (as I was visiting my ancient dad and it is nearby) No response. I then shifted to EssexLaser who promise a 1 hour response. I gave them two days and followed up with another e-mail - I was going to call but it is obvious that they have decided to blank me. So I am still looking - I am in East London/Essex and it would be handy if there was anybody localish.

I completely get the fact that some large businesses do not want the hassle of small (by their standards) orders but do wish they could just say so (particularly when they claim to the contrary on their websites).

I am keen to supply my own material as I have a large stock of 7075 ali to use up...

adithorp

posted on 14/9/23 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
femster87 on here maybe.

www.femsoncuts.co.uk

rf900rush

posted on 14/9/23 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
I have used this company few times.

https://www.sorblasercutting.co.uk/

You can even get an instant quote through thier web page.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 14/9/23 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
I have used Luffman Engineering in Tiverton, currently using Bradford Laser as I am now in Wakefield.

Bradford Laser are excellent and the costs are reasonable compared to most I have used; Danny is the contact.

https://bradfordlaser.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Theshed

posted on 14/9/23 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Many thanks all.

Femster87 - I have sent drawings to the e-mail address on the website. Many thanks for the very prompt responses from everybody. I should have asked on here earlier.

watsonpj

posted on 14/9/23 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Lasered in braintree just send DXF and material spec and they will quote usually same day.they do have a £75 minimum and only do cutting no other services.
AJC

posted on 15/9/23 at 05:32 AM Reply With Quote
Ls laser or Laser24 in Essex.
coyoteboy

posted on 15/9/23 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Fractory, Xometry - online quote and buy.

If you need it to be local and don't mind waterjet - northwestwaterjet limited were great for me but not too keen for postage if I remember correctly.

Theshed

posted on 11/11/23 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
So here is a big thank you to Fem. Such a good person to have in this community. Please ignore the 4 x 2 wood but I am sure you get the idea of these brackets.
Description
Description

Description
Description

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.