Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mr delivery man, I salute you!
shades

posted on 4/6/05 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Mr delivery man, I salute you!

Got my new PC delivered today at 9:30...

Said to the guy "are you busy today?" "naw just this delivery" he replied, "Oh well short day then?" i replied... "Not really I need to drive back to Coventry now..."

He had got up at 3am, driven all the way from coventry to aberdeen to deliver one £450 PC?

He said he was getting £200 for the day, add diesel how can Dell make any money on that?

locoboy

posted on 4/6/05 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Cos they are wankers and probably screw their suppliers like they screw their customers

I have 1st hand experience of their joke of a customer services department.

Pah Dell.....wouldnt wee on them if they were on fire.

ATB
Locoboy

Mark Allanson

posted on 4/6/05 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Not too pleased with Dell then?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

stephen_gusterson

posted on 4/6/05 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
was it a dell delivery van specifically, or an independent courier? Whatever, they need to sort out their business!

I know someone that works self employed for a courier company and its crap. he has to work a lot of hrs, and if he wants a day off he has to find a replacement and pay him the same rate for cover!

atb

steve

shades

posted on 4/6/05 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
It was UKToday couriers. Just worked out it was a 900 mile round trip...

As for Dell and their customer service. Not that bothered. I deleted the standard service agreement and saved £94 off the price. If it breaks I will just fix it

locoboy

posted on 5/6/05 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
i didnt take out any cover with them, it took me over 12 months to get everything i ordered. I ordered it on line which was supposed to take no more than 2 weeks.

I subsequently saw an email that had worked its way round 13 members of Dell staff, all of them not wanting to take an interest in my order.....

I printed it off and faxed it to the UK, Irish and US customer services managers, and still no fecker replied to me.

In the end i had to go an collect the machine from the courrier depot myself.... and like i said i had to wait over 12 months for the order to be completed.

They know how to take your money on the dot though dont they!

ATB
Locoboy

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 5/6/05 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
was it a dell delivery van specifically, or an independent courier? Whatever, they need to sort out their business!

I know someone that works self employed for a courier company and its crap. he has to work a lot of hrs, and if he wants a day off he has to find a replacement and pay him the same rate for cover!

atb

steve

That company are setting themselves up for a big fall. There was a local company doing the same to a young lad. He worked driving up to 14 hrs a day with scheduals that would bring tears to a normal drivers eyes. Edinburgh Glasgow Aberdeen and Inverness in one day! He had a fatal collision with the van and killed some other family head on. The police tracked his van through petrol recipts, delivery notes and his mobile.
The owners lied to cops and was caught out on the evidence. They are now doing time on some charge I cant remember which. So the chickens come home to roost eventually how many more are there out there waiting to happen. SLAVERY DEAD yet thriveing in the UK under the heading min wage.

zilspeed

posted on 5/6/05 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
There's no excuse for that these days. Had he been driving an HGV, his tach wouldn't have allowed it.

Even a private punter can get a courier to uplift and deliver someting overnight for pennies.
A PC would have shipped door to door for £20 via any of the usual suspects.
I shipped a 25kg package last week for £25. Booked on t'internet and uplifted the following day.

Get it right up them I say.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 5/6/05 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
the guy i am talking about is self employed with his own van as a contractor. its the crap terms he gets as a contractor that he has to provide cover for his inability to deliver cos of hols. so i think that only he would be responsible.

atb

stevd

mark_UK

posted on 5/6/05 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
There's no excuse for that these days. Had he been driving an HGV, his tach wouldn't have allowed it.

Would be nice if it were true.the guys who delivered and put up my sectional garage were telling me how they regularly go over their hours on the tacho but get round it by signing the card off and booking the hours to another job

zilspeed

posted on 5/6/05 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Totally off topic - how long did it take them to erect the garage ?

When I had one at my last house, it was erected in under an hour.

donut

posted on 5/6/05 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
I have just bought a Dell and recently one for my son and both are perfect (touch wood!) My wife uses one from work which is also fine plus all the computers at her work (a London council) are Dell and i was told by the IT bloke that the rarely have problems.

Also a friend of mine is a computer consultant and he reccomends them highly and no he doesn't get a kick back from Dell.

I like em!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Russ-Turner

posted on 5/6/05 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
The only complaint i have is that the Dell all in one printer and scanner is a bit lazy as it wants paper feeding to it instead of pulling it in itself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
shades

posted on 5/6/05 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
bought mine cos i'm on my 3rd at work... which I have the pleasure of sitting at 8-9 hours a day. Enjoy it so much wanted to do some more at home. Anyway it was cheep. No complaints so far.

Think it was a kangool that it was delivered in, so i guess it didnt have a tacho in it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.