Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Effing Ebay!
Browser

posted on 16/1/06 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Effing Ebay!

Sold an item recently, buyer was in Chile. He says money sent, I see no money in Paypal account. I question and he eventually replies he used PayPal (kept saying he'd paid but not with whom, language barrier I think) but cited my old e-mail address! I changed both my E-bay and PayPal profile details months ago when I went to Tiscali and every link I check/click on brings up my new addy. I have sent 'unhappy' e-mails to both PayPal and Ebay expressing my dissatisfaction with their service and asking how they are going to remedy the situation. Has anyone else had this or owt similar?

graememk

posted on 16/1/06 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
you could try www.freetranslation.com to help with the language prob. rf payment get him to request his money back or just call paypal but you have to wait hours on the phone to talk to someone.

Locost?

posted on 16/1/06 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
This may not help your current problem but may help with future listings.

I did the same thing and changed both my paypal and ebay email addresses. The problem I had was that ebay autocomplete on the listings I put in kept putting my old email address in. Just check that this isn't happening.

Ebay is fantastic when it works but like all things electronic/PC related it's an absolute nightmare when it doesn't.

Browser

posted on 16/1/06 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
cheers bud, I'll have to check the autocomplete thang.

Browser

posted on 16/1/06 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Just checked by doing a dummy ad and, yup, autocompleted my old e-mail address
Any idea if it's best to wait until I get home and read any response from PayPal or can he request the funds back and send them to my new e-mail address?

big_wasa

posted on 16/1/06 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
I had that a couple of weeks ago. Asked buyer to cancell old payment and send to new address. Job jobed

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.