Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Oil pressure gauge
triumphdave

posted on 4/3/08 at 01:26 AM Reply With Quote
Oil pressure gauge

anyone using an electric oil pressure gauge on an XE,just wondering where you put the oil pressure sensor,also is there an alternative to the large baked bean can size sensor I have.

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

Guinness

posted on 4/3/08 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
I know I'm a BEC, but I originally fitted my "baked bean can sender" hard mounted to the block via a brass adaptor. That lasted about 30 miles!

This time the can is mounted to the chassis, using a P clip, and a 300mm stainless braided hose runs down to the engine. This has lasted nearly 1,000 miles!

1-0 for remote mounting the sender!

HTH

Mike

triumphdave

posted on 4/3/08 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
I know I'm a BEC, but I originally fitted my "baked bean can sender" hard mounted to the block via a brass adaptor. That lasted about 30 miles!

This time the can is mounted to the chassis, using a P clip, and a 300mm stainless braided hose runs down to the engine. This has lasted nearly 1,000 miles!

1-0 for remote mounting the sender!

HTH

Mike

Cheers Mike,I have thought about the remote mounting,but dont now where to take the remote oil feed from?The old CVH block I had before had a 1/8bsp hole tapped into the block,cant find anything on the XE.

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

2b_pablo

posted on 4/3/08 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
another vote for remote mounting.

-----------------

if it aint broke... pull it off and upgrade it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.