Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Free electroylis bath or future beach buggy?
Mr Whippy

posted on 17/3/08 at 01:35 AM Reply With Quote
Free electroylis bath or future beach buggy?

How handy is this? Just as I'm wanting to do some electrolysis cleaning of some big stuff what do I find when out walking the dogs? A dumped bath! Even had the plastic film on it so was immaculate inside.

I'm just back after carrying it through the woods (even my He-Man like physic was straining a bit at the end, boy its heavy) and plonked it outside my garage. It's a right deep bath just so just what I needed, cool. I'll get a plug tomorrow and do some rust removal

I'll have to think of a use for it once I've finished cleaning...

[Edited on 17/3/08 by Mr Whippy] Rescued attachment bath.jpg
Rescued attachment bath.jpg

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 17/3/08 at 02:14 AM Reply With Quote
how about using it as a bath?

nice find though. i've got a cast iron one in the garden. we used to have ducks. maybe you could get ducks after the rust removal's done (?)

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Humbug

posted on 17/3/08 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
how about combining the two and removing rust from ducks?
donut

posted on 17/3/08 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 17/3/08 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
if I can just find another one... Rescued attachment sub.jpg
Rescued attachment sub.jpg

speedyxjs

posted on 17/3/08 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
^^^

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

RichieW

posted on 17/3/08 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Last year I cleaned up a type 9 gearbox in an avocado bath that my sister was throwing out. Very handy. Didn't use electrolysis though.

I set the bath up with the plug end over a drain in the back garden so all the liquid goo flowed away with the minumum of fuss. I just pulled the plug out of the bath once finished having already removed the drain cover. No mess at all and then straight down the tip with the bath once it had all dried.

Dangle_kt

posted on 17/3/08 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
down the drain!!

Long live the local wildlife!

quote:
Originally posted by RichieW
Last year I cleaned up a type 9 gearbox in an avocado bath that my sister was throwing out. Very handy. Didn't use electrolysis though.

I set the bath up with the plug end over a drain in the back garden so all the liquid goo flowed away with the minumum of fuss. I just pulled the plug out of the bath once finished having already removed the drain cover. No mess at all and then straight down the tip with the bath once it had all dried.

RichieW

posted on 17/3/08 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
It was only water and caustic soda. It would have cleaned the drain nicely thats all. Nothing nasty once watered down.
Mr Whippy

posted on 17/3/08 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
"ahhhh!!! it burns us!" screamed all the earthworms as Richie napalmed the grassy forest, with his caustic deluge

RichieW

posted on 17/3/08 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest it didn't have much effect on the muck on the gearbox so I doubt its potency on anything else.

Did mention I emptied the contents of a couple of car batteries while I was at it?

[Edited on 17/3/08 by RichieW]

Dangle_kt

posted on 17/3/08 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Now if you had said you emptied MILK down the drain, then the tree huggers would have gone nuts.
RichieW

posted on 17/3/08 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Prius builders?
Mr Whippy

posted on 17/3/08 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Its summer time and Richie gears up to cut the yards grass, hopefully he can do it quickly to reduce exposure. He notices the waste from that gearbox clean still hasn’t gone away. Rescued attachment 060913_ivorywaste_hmed_9a_hmedium.jpg
Rescued attachment 060913_ivorywaste_hmed_9a_hmedium.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.