Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Has anyone fitted a rear diffuser to a Luego Viento
Steelman

posted on 24/9/08 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Has anyone fitted a rear diffuser to a Luego Viento

I am think about fitting a rear diffuser to to Luego Viento in order to seal off the boot \ tank area and hopefully help the handling. Will it be worth the effort.

I will be fitting a rear spoiler together with a low level front spoiler and headlamp supports similar to the Caterham RS which also act as high level spoiler of sorts.

[Edited on 24/9/08 by Steelman]

mistergrumpy

posted on 24/9/08 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
It wouldn't be effective unless the whole underside was covered front to rear really. Cosmetically I think they look good but performance wise not very.

Mr Whippy

posted on 24/9/08 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
How about trying to clean up the underside with simple bolt on panels to smooth the airflow, as for the handing a good lightweight spoiler in clean air would be much more effective but will reduce your topspeed.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wilkingj

posted on 24/9/08 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
How much difference would it actually make?
I would have thought a more productive action would be to make the front / top more aerodynamic. Same goes for any of the 7 style cars.

One reason why I dont have a windscreen, its a huge Air Dam!

Mind you, there is no reason why you cant fit a underbody plate at the rear, should be easy enough.

EDIT: If you go to the shows, dont seal off the boot area, Its amazing what you can pack in there. I have just the open space, and use a cargo net to secure things to stop them dropping out thru the bottom.

Clive makes his boot look like Mary Poppins's Carpet bag, with what he pulls out of his boot area

[Edited on 24/9/2008 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.