Board logo

does anyone know if this is an odd size wheel ? 5jx15 h2 wheels
buncefm - 10/12/09 at 08:29 PM

seen the wheel size 5jx15 h2 but when i google it they only seem to be on foreign websites?
does anyone know what tire would fit?
also what does the 5j stand for?

Miks15 - 10/12/09 at 08:36 PM

5j means 5inch width i believe

britishtrident - 10/12/09 at 08:38 PM

5 is the width in inches measured across the inside surface where tyre bead seals --- ie the true width of the wheel.

J is the code letter for profile height of the lip of the bead --- J is the normal for passenger cars.

I haven't a clue what h2 is

Mr G - 10/12/09 at 08:48 PM

The H2 informs you the wheel is designed for tyres with an H speed rating.

iank - 10/12/09 at 09:10 PM

5jx15 is old VW beetle size isn't it?

5j (5 inch wide, j is the profile - j is standard afaik) and will safely accept tyre widths of 145 to 185

Looking for 165/65 R15 or 175/65 R15 on www.mytyres.co.uk (pick all for speed rating) finds plenty of alternatives in all price ranges, but any tyre fitter should be able to get what you want.

meany - 10/12/09 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr G

afraid not old bean ..lol

The "H2" means that this wheel rim is a double hump design ... see the info on page 2.

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

buncefm - 10/12/09 at 09:43 PM

bloody hell i love the info shared on this site, you can ask a question and somebody somewhere will have the answer. Cheers guys

Mr G - 10/12/09 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by meany
quote:
Originally posted by Mr G

afraid not old bean ..lol

The "H2" means that this wheel rim is a double hump design ... see the info on page 2.

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

Good lord, imagine trusting the information supplied on an alloy wheel suppliers website! Especially one that has the gall to include race in its name!

Linky

Its 'help and advice from the experts' apparently!

[Edited on 10/12/09 by Mr G]

meany - 10/12/09 at 10:42 PM

that is true...we take this info and assume its gospel just because its on someones website.

i feel Raceandrally may have got things mixxed up with markings on the tyres for speed rating ( or who ever gave them info)..the carbible explanation does seem plausable though.