Board logo

For Sale Section - Overhaul
Tiger Super Six - 9/1/12 at 11:08 AM

Just my opinion but the For Sale section needs an overhaul and sub sections putting in.

At the moment you list everything in the same place and with the number of ads going on your item shoots down about 3-4 pages every couple of days. Within a week your item is well down where most people won't trawl.

On little items this might not be too much of a problem (as they probably sell quite quickly), but where you are selling a car and it is not likely to shift quickly I think it's down in the depths of the for sale section too soon.

What is needed is a 'for sale' section and then sub sections for 'cars for sale', 'parts', 'tools', etc?

What do people think and who is the chap that these suggestions should be messaged too?

Mark

[Edited on 9/1/12 by Tiger Super Six]

Macbeast - 9/1/12 at 11:20 AM

Good idea

snakebelly - 9/1/12 at 11:34 AM

Good idea

loggyboy - 9/1/12 at 11:35 AM

Agreed:
But keeping it simple, something like

Traders
Cars for sale
Parts for sale
Wanted

Tiger Super Six - 9/1/12 at 11:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Agreed:
But keeping it simple, something like

Traders
Cars for sale
Parts for sale
Wanted

Yep, I was thinking

Traders
Private Cars for Sale
Projects for Sale
Parts for Sale
Tools for Sale
Miscellaneous

scootz - 9/1/12 at 12:28 PM

Can I have my own section!?

Ben_Copeland - 9/1/12 at 12:33 PM

Why not just BUMP it back to the top every couple of days. Like most people?

Hellfire - 9/1/12 at 12:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz

I thought the 'Bargains Elsewhere' section was your own Scott.........

Phil

Tiger Super Six - 9/1/12 at 12:42 PM

Because if you're selling a car and it takes 2/3 months or more to sell then you would have a huge list of bumps underneath which I don't think makes the advert look good.

[Edited on 9/1/12 by Tiger Super Six]

scootz - 9/1/12 at 12:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
quote:

I thought the 'Bargains Elsewhere' section was your own Scott.........

Phil

Nooooo... 99.9% of my cast-offs get offered up on the 'For Sale' section first before being scattered to the likes of eBay!

eddie99 - 9/1/12 at 12:47 PM

I think its a good idea, would make it better for both the seller and the buyer.

owelly - 9/1/12 at 01:23 PM

ChrisW is the guy to talk to.
And just to add:
Can we please insist that the title of the thread describes what it is the thread relates to! For example: FS. Three unused Jaffa Cakes.
That also applies to other topics too. Whilst browsing on my phone or using a slow connectiin, I often waste time opening threads just to find out its stuff I can't help with, or doesn't interest or involve me.

Tiger Super Six - 9/1/12 at 01:50 PM

Thanks, I have sent Chris a u2u.

computid - 9/1/12 at 01:58 PM

On the contrary, I think the current system works. Adding more categories just clutters it up and makes your ad too hard to find. It also makes it more difficult for people like me who like to browse through and impulse buy

1 vote here for keeping it the way it is.

wilkingj - 9/1/12 at 02:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by computid
On the contrary, I think the current system works. Adding more categories just clutters it up and makes your ad too hard to find. It also makes it more difficult for people like me who like to browse through and impulse buy

+1 as well.

Whilst the idea sounds good, for those of us that just like to look thru, it means several more threads to trawl thru.

Just my 2d's worth.

welderman - 9/1/12 at 02:45 PM

quote:

Tiger Super Six - 9/1/12 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wilkingj
quote:
Originally posted by computid

+1 as well.

Whilst the idea sounds good, for those of us that just like to look thru, it means several more threads to trawl thru.

Just my 2d's worth.

So why not have the categories and then an 'ALL' category too - that way everyone's happy

Simples.

Thurbs - 9/1/12 at 04:09 PM

In my humble opinion "if it ain't broke don't fix it" works well for me as is but maybe a seperate section for car sales.

loggyboy - 9/1/12 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Thurbs
In my humble opinion "if it ain't broke don't fix it" works well for me as is but maybe a seperate section for car sales.

Mud huts work - dont think I want to live in one tho.

Thurbs - 9/1/12 at 04:16 PM

Nice analogy got nothing better to say!!!!
Perhaps people should realise what a great site we get for free!!

clanger - 9/1/12 at 05:19 PM

good idea..........also perhaps remove FS items from "Newest Forum Topics" area on homepage?
saves clogging up topics of general discussion?
if you want to buy or browse, dive into the classifieds.......happy days
also it might save some members having a hissy-fit