Board logo

custom made fuel tanks? where and how much
Antnicuk - 6/8/08 at 09:11 PM

As above really.

The stylus is running but has the original fuel tank. I'm thinking it holds about 6 gallons but with a turbo rotary doing about 20 mpg at best and about 10 mpg on track, i was looking at getting one made.

I found a place on ebay, just wondered if there was anyone recommended.

matt.c - 6/8/08 at 09:15 PM

Try welderman on here. He makes them and they are of a very high standard of quality.

jollygreengiant - 6/8/08 at 09:16 PM

Your location might be a start. I got mine made by TrevD, but then he is local to me.

clairetoo - 6/8/08 at 09:24 PM

I made my own - finished up with ten gallons , and a lowered boot floor !

[img][/img]

Alan B - 6/8/08 at 09:32 PM

OMG......A girl that can weld......I think I'm in love..

procomp - 6/8/08 at 09:33 PM

Hi caution should be given to the grade of alloy being used. Far to many currently being made with soft 16G alloy and not enough bracing. This allows the tank to expand and contract quite a bit and this causes the seams to be stressed and crack. It will be worse on a larger size tank. So make sure it also has a good breather system fitted To try and reduce the expansion and contraction.

Cheers Matt

imp paul - 6/8/08 at 09:42 PM

my mate jim at http://www.alloyracingfabrications.com/ he will make any size tank give him a bell he is a top lad

beppesignori - 6/8/08 at 10:49 PM

I had mine made at Alloy Racing Fabrications. Very high quality and made to my exact specifications. Just sent him a few drawings, along with an alloy plate with studs to mount the fireblade fuelpump to. Perfect fit, and a very good price, too.

[Edited on 6/8/08 by beppesignori]

Antnicuk - 7/8/08 at 11:31 AM

thanks for the replies.

i', in essex. Claire, is that a stylus?,

Is alloy racing fabrications the one that advertises on Ebay?

welderman - 7/8/08 at 12:44 PM

u2u me some sizes, i can give you a price if you want.

clairetoo - 13/8/08 at 12:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Antnicuk
thanks for the replies.

i', in essex. Claire, is that a stylus?,

Nope - it's a fury (I had to cut the body in two to remove it for the re-build)

[Edited on 13/8/08 by clairetoo]