Board logo

What paint.
danny84 - 24/4/13 at 08:22 PM

Can any of you guys recommend some paint to refurbish the front suspension arms and hubs on my Indy.Its all black but looking a little tired.A good undercoat too.Powdercoating isn't an option yet as i'm taking delivery soon and just want to get out in it!!!!!!

Cheers in advance
Danny

theprisioner - 24/4/13 at 08:38 PM

PoR 15 Hardnose absolutely bomb proof

Confused but excited. - 24/4/13 at 08:51 PM

Or Tractol.

nick205 - 24/4/13 at 09:30 PM

Always had good results with red oxide primer (Halfords stuff works fine) then a few coats of Plastikote paint. Dries nice and hard and resist chips well. Easy to touch up as well if it does chip.

bi22le - 24/4/13 at 10:35 PM

I just used heavy duty metal paint from b and q. Worked fine for me.

danny84 - 28/4/13 at 05:11 PM

Cheers lads i will look at your suggestions

fullpint - 28/4/13 at 05:16 PM

By the time you prep it all and take into account rubbing down and drying time your local powder coaters (if booked in) should be able to turn the arms around in a couple of days. Or do you intend doing them in situ?

danny84 - 6/5/13 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fullpint
By the time you prep it all and take into account rubbing down and drying time your local powder coaters (if booked in) should be able to turn the arms around in a couple of days. Or do you intend doing them in situ?

In situ for now.I've just got the car so want to get out and drive it.Maybe over the winter get the bits done properly.