Board logo

Legend race car
Thurbs - 21/8/13 at 10:43 AM

Went to Donington at weekend and watched the Legends race, they were awesome very close and exciting racing.
It gave me a idea for possible next project, does anyone know were to get chassis and bits or are they special build one off's ??
Would make a cool trackday car something a bit different.
Cheers

daniel mason - 21/8/13 at 11:12 AM

think they run a toyota rear axle. or at least rear diff. jeff pritchard races and lives about 5 miles from me. also think they run yamaha motors and crap tyres with very limited grip! i could find out more if you want as ive only seen the car a few times and never really taken much notice of it

Mr Whippy - 21/8/13 at 11:39 AM

I looked into them a while back and their not cheap despite the size

There is a site called oveltracklegends.co.uk where cars are up for sale etc, about the same price range as a 7

[Edited on 21/8/13 by Mr Whippy]

Not Anumber - 21/8/13 at 11:53 AM

Would be interested to see if anyone has put a Legnd through the IVA as they would look awesome on the road.

Daddylonglegs - 21/8/13 at 12:06 PM

Only ever saw the Legends in action once, it was at the Top Gear Live show at Autosport International in the NEC Birmingham a few years ago. Indoor show and it was VERY loud!! but great to watch

ReMan - 21/8/13 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
Would be interested to see if anyone has put a Legnd through the IVA as they would look awesome on the road.

I've thought that myself, but in reality due to there small size there's a danger of looking a nob

myke pocock - 21/8/13 at 12:18 PM

Heres the correct link:- www.ukovaltracklegends.co.uk

olimarler - 21/8/13 at 12:31 PM

if you want more details I can get them as my mate used to race them.

He said they where certainly a hand full when pushed.

Would love to see one on the road. Didnt terry Grant use one for his shows?

Oli

Dick Axtell - 21/8/13 at 12:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
Heres the correct link:- www.ukovaltracklegends.co.uk

Saw these coupla years ago, in NZ. They were available for track rental - at a price! Didn't get to see any mechanicals, so no idea what engine/transmission/suspension they were running.

Thurbs - 21/8/13 at 12:40 PM

Thanks for all your replies would love to get a chassis a build one from scratch but purely for track days.

yahshuatwo - 21/8/13 at 01:58 PM

I live 8 miles away where it all started in 1992 (North Carolina, USA). I went on a tour about 7 years ago and saw how they assemble the units. Would like to see my R-Falcon (F-O-R) gearbox in those chassis

myke pocock - 21/8/13 at 03:31 PM

Have a look at the For Sale section on the web site, right at the bottom is some info regarding second hand prices and thier way of keeping them high!!!

procomp - 21/8/13 at 04:48 PM

Hi

What exactly are you wanting to know. I race them for a bit of fun.

Cheers Matt

Thurbs - 21/8/13 at 06:27 PM

quote:

What exactly are you wanting to know. I race them for a bit of fun.

Hi matt,
Just was interested in seeing if chassis exist to build one at home or is it a matter of buying a ex racer, don't seem to find many about in the usual places.
Thanks for your reply
Andy

Canada EH! - 22/8/13 at 01:02 AM

Chassis and body made to race spec, engine Yamaha FJ 1200 in north south location, engine totally stock uses the bike gearbox and a narrowed on the right side toyota corolla solid rear axle.
Invented 20 + years ago as starter series for future NASCAR drivers, run mostly on 1/4 mile ovals.
Crap tires are B F Goodrich radial TA's also spec.