Board logo

power com'der map for 954cc blade
Toady1 - 21/9/07 at 11:43 AM

probably not cos its a pretty rare engine choice atm! but does anyone have one? Are they easy to set up? I received my pc this week but not fitted it yet.

alfasudsprint - 21/9/07 at 12:31 PM

Not yet, but I will.

Please post your progress, as you say rare choice of engine.

What did you sva with? cat, fish tank valves, something else?
what about prop shaft and adapter?

cheers
Tim

ewan - 21/9/07 at 12:56 PM

This is going to sound like a very stupid question....! As you will guess from the question, I've never done anything like this before.

What is "power com'der map"?
What's it for?
Do I need one?
Does it come with the bike engine?

See I told you I've got no idea........

iank - 21/9/07 at 01:49 PM

http://www.dynojet.co.uk/powercommander/index.htm

It's a box of tricks that lets you download maps like a programmable ECU but actually tricks the bike ECU into doing it's bidding.

Toady1 - 22/9/07 at 07:55 AM

yeah its a piggyback ecu.

alfasudsprint - I sva'd with a pinto engine so didnt have to worry about any of that! plus my emmisions are now <3.5%co!

propshaft - mk
Drive flange - Westfield

[Edited on 22/9/07 by Toady1]

the_fbi - 23/9/07 at 12:04 PM

fwiw I've got a Yoshi EMS for a 945 blade, which I bought when I was going to fit a 954 (and still may as I have one).

If it can be of use to anybody to switch to a different map (got the additional 3 position map change switch too) for SVA then let me know.

Never used it, but it simply plugs into the existing loom.

Can't find its on Yoshimura's www but this is it.
http://www.exoticsportbike.com/yoshimura_ems.htm

Toady1 - 23/9/07 at 07:01 PM

whats that then?

the_fbi - 23/9/07 at 07:03 PM

Same as the Power Commander, just a bit different and from more of a racing stable.

Hellfire - 23/9/07 at 07:14 PM

IIRC the Yoshimura EMS was originally designed by Dynojet and is basically a re-branded Power Commander with a few additional features. They were also quite temperamental but these may just have been teething issues.

Phil

[Edited on 23-9-07 by Hellfire]

Toady1 - 25/9/07 at 11:52 AM

ah i see, well Ive bought a PC now, so just looking at what maps the best to start off with. need a local RR session really!

Paul TigerB6 - 26/9/07 at 10:18 AM

Guess you will be using TTS in Silverstone for your RR session then?? Maybe worth giving them a call - they may be able to send you a map by email if you are going to take it to them for a session

Toady1 - 27/9/07 at 05:09 PM

wow! what a difference a different map makes!!! I just uploaded one for the PC site for an Arrow full system and different filter, and it is so much smoother and deffinately quicker! Yeah I will be giving one of my local'st RR'ds a call soon to get it properly mapped!