Board logo

Donor with a perfectly good shell...
jps - 8/8/12 at 01:39 PM

Perhaps i'm being over zealous but:

I have a Sierra in very good condition that I intend to break for engine/gearbox, a few other parts and then use the identity for age-related plate.

It does appear to be REALLY rust free though. So I expect to take the doors, bonnet and tailgate off and try to sell them on for Sierra resto's etc. It would seem a real waste to just weigh them in.

However the actual shell seems to be in amazing condition too - literally no rust at all that I can see. So I am wondering if that would be of use to anyone - either for building a competition car - or reshelling another Sierra. (it is a 5-door though, so not ripe for Cossie replica...!)

Assuming someone might want it - if I were to sell the shell (minus the VIN plates/chassis number/etc) for reusing would that have any implications for me then getting an age-related plate for my kit?

[Edited on 8/8/12 by jps]

jossey - 8/8/12 at 02:00 PM

Put a post on the gt500 shelby forums they use the sierra chassis

David

bi22le - 8/8/12 at 05:14 PM

You could try a post on passion ford you never know

will121 - 8/8/12 at 05:25 PM

You may also need to confirm requirements for getting a age related plate as I don't think it Is easy on a alternative chassis kit car now days

ssc28 - 8/8/12 at 05:31 PM

Sierras are raced as saloon stock cars and good shells are few and far between. It would make a good national saloon or lightning rod. I'd advertise it on the track web site closest to you. It should make a decent price rather than you just weighing it in.
http://www.arena-essex-raceway.co.uk/drivers_for_sale.aspx