Board logo

Passed my first MOT today!
twybrow - 2/5/13 at 05:47 PM

I passed my first MOT today - woohoo!

A hectic start, to find and fit a new battery, and then just as I left, one of my brake fluid sensors broke (grrrr), but despite these issues, I passed without even an advisory! So pleased! Now I just need tax and I can blast the winter cobwebs away!

Not Anumber - 2/5/13 at 06:59 PM

Mine passed its MOT today- but on it's retest after failing yesterday on:

Wipers (stupidly i'd somehow dislodged the motor lead when working behind the dash (30 seconds to find and fix).
N/S flexible brake hoses cable to touch the tyre on full lock (just needed a quarter turn on the union to change the curve)
Passenger seat back not rigid (a new part of the test and quickly resolved by a bolt)

I got a surprise advisory on the bottom ball joint dust covers which have deteriorated to the point of splitting - odd as both joints were replaced last year so I'm wondering if anyone sells replacement covers.

matt_gsxr - 2/5/13 at 08:18 PM

I passed my first MOT today too.

Couple of advisories, but the car has been standing for a year with no love so no great surprise.

Happy day

robinj66 - 2/5/13 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
I got a surprise advisory on the bottom ball joint dust covers which have deteriorated to the point of splitting - odd as both joints were replaced last year so I'm wondering if anyone sells replacement covers.

Have a look on Ebay - Eg, 2 X SLIDE-A-BOOT LARGE UNIVERSAL BALL JOINT TRACK ROD END RUBBER GREASE COVERS | eBay

Not Anumber - 2/5/13 at 11:28 PM

Thanks Robin, covers ordered

PeteS2k - 3/5/13 at 01:48 PM

Also passed my first MOT today

I was curious to see what emissions criteria they went for (Q plate with a 2003 engine), after some suggestions that it may face the same standard as it had to for IVA 3 years ago. Visible smoke check only, though. I've still got an integral cat, so it was only curiosity rather than concern...