Board logo

Registration - Receipts for New Major Components
saigonij - 22/3/07 at 02:42 PM

A quick question.

supposing i brought a rear dif from Ebay, advertised as new. what would happen when it came to registration -> How stringent are the DVLA on checking reciepts? It cold be 2 years from when i brought the major component and so the item will have been removed from ebay - the seller might not even exist?

Woudl this cause trouble - do the inspectors simply want to see a receipt and not check the supplier?

Mr Whippy - 22/3/07 at 02:51 PM

what's wrong with a printout of the ad?

[Edited on 22/3/07 by Mr Whippy]

saigonij - 22/3/07 at 03:01 PM

thats what i was wondering about - is that going to be sufficent to appease the powers that be?

ned - 22/3/07 at 03:29 PM

or buy 1 bolt from ford and then scan the letter head/invoice, tweak accordingly and printout your own receipt

clockwork - 22/3/07 at 03:44 PM

^^ Then you would be commiting fraud

ukbaggio - 22/3/07 at 04:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saigonij
A quick question.

supposing i brought a rear dif from Ebay, advertised as new. what would happen when it came to registration -> How stringent are the DVLA on checking reciepts? It cold be 2 years from when i brought the major component and so the item will have been removed from ebay - the seller might not even exist?

Woudl this cause trouble - do the inspectors simply want to see a receipt and not check the supplier?

When u win the item on ebay they will send u comfirmation on e-mail.....

saigonij - 22/3/07 at 05:10 PM

So it looks like a print out of the item that was for sale should be fine? the DVLA will be happy with that - even if its sold by some bloke who brought alot of old stock from Ford?

im just trying to make sure i dont buy anything that i would not be able to prove as being "new" when the time came.

saigonij - 25/3/07 at 12:19 PM

just brought some brand new front hubs off ebay. £75 for the pair. not bad plus they will go towards the list of "new components".