Board logo

I need a very small in car heater, ?
unijacko67 - 31/5/13 at 09:28 PM

Like it says, has anyone got a kit car heater for sale, I have very limited space and like the ones on ebay (rally car/kit car heater), but would like something less cost.

Heater Demister for Rally or Kit Car or Boat or Yacht | eBay
I've been to scrap yard and cant find a polo with a small heater like my search on here came up with as a option. Any other ideas would be helpfull.

Cheers

big_wasa - 31/5/13 at 09:36 PM

The radiator for that is designed for a Pc. I have one in the garage. Its just a tiny radiator. The fan is another general purpose 12v fan. With a shroud on the out side job done.

You really could make one for a few quid.

40inches - 31/5/13 at 09:36 PM

Check CBS, they sell individual parts so you can make your own They have a drawing, on the web site, of the casing, with instructions on how to make one.

rdodger - 31/5/13 at 09:43 PM

Try these guys.

http://www.t7design.co.uk/

unijacko67 - 31/5/13 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
The radiator for that is designed for a Pc. I have one in the garage. Its just a tiny radiator. The fan is another general purpose 12v fan. With a shroud on the out side job done.

You really could make one for a few quid.

Cheers, I have the s2000 heater so can use the fan and rad then make my own box/housing, but still gonna be too big. I will sort it, might have to get creative.

Mark Allanson - 1/6/13 at 05:58 AM

Just to simplify things a bit, why not 150W 12V CERAMIC CAR HEATER COOLER DEFROSTER 2IN1 HOT &' COOL FAN VAN 09 | eBay?

panichat - 1/6/13 at 07:14 AM

I use one from T7 Design which cost about £80.
I used to have an Austin A35 van which had a rather neat cylindrical heater unit that sat inside the passenger compartment in front of the gear lever - It worked much better than the equivalent car one. You might be able to find one on ebay, but I bet it would end up more expensive than the alternatives.

Dave

unijacko67 - 1/6/13 at 08:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
Just to simplify things a bit, why not 150W 12V CERAMIC CAR HEATER COOLER DEFROSTER 2IN1 HOT &' COOL FAN VAN 09 | eBay?

I've looked back at posts on here saying that they don't work to well, but would be good if they did.

Cheers.