Board logo

HELP much needed, could do with doing some market research in regards to selling my van
buncefm - 12/5/09 at 08:13 PM

I have a renault master for sale, it currently has a flat bed with drop sides.

its an 08 reg and has only got 3800 miles on the clock, its pretty much brand new,

i've had it for sale in autotrader for a total of 12 weeks also it been on ebay a couple of times to.

Obviously i want as much as i can get for it. i'm beggining to lose the plot.
it was last advertised in autotrader at £9250

ive thought about investing money in it (that i havent got???)
and converting it either to a tipper or a car transporter, but again would it sell for any more?
would much appreciate people of this forums advice as it always seems to be good sensible ideas or solutions that come from it.

[img]http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss44/buncefm/[/img]

[Edited on 12/5/09 by buncefm]

[Edited on 12/5/09 by buncefm]

bob tatt - 12/5/09 at 08:20 PM

the van market is on its arse at the moment nobody wabts to spend money when they have no contenuity of work. this sort of van will only be of interest to builders and maybe light haulage so not a good time to be selling. i bought a 05 peougot partner one owner 60k no damage anywhere for 1500 last september from a courier its a buyers market at the moment. defo would not spend any money on it.
sorry its not more positive bot its better to be realistic.
rob

thunderace - 12/5/09 at 08:34 PM

i was at a van aution last week the prices were 35% cheeper than they were at xmass and that was on a sign at the aution.
i was shocked to seen some transit 280 100 06 plates for £3000 £3500 all with less than 20k on them whth fsh.

when you see them knocking off £5000 on a new one and when my mate phoned abut buying one they told him they would do him a x-demo for around £10k

http://www.perrys.co.uk/special-offer/137528/1323//googleapi?gclid=CMiC1ZDPt5oCFRWRZgodXmE-dQ

motorcycle_mayhem - 13/5/09 at 08:12 AM

Well, I've lost my job, I have what I consider to be a realistic view to my current circumstances. My wife still has a job, so I'm actually not as bad as most. I've been selling just about everything (except the race car), including the house. IF you NEED to sell something, my advice is to swallow hard and take what the market will give you. Otherwise, sit on it if you have the luxury.
'Value' is something that you can put a number to, it's what somone is prepared to pay.
I'm about to put my Triumph Tiger on Ebay (sob..), to fund the next few rounds of motorsport, my choice, I'll take whatever I can get, despite a Parker 'value' that'll be much higher.
House will be auctioned in July, I'm then off to the USA, where a job can hopefully be found.

buncefm - 13/5/09 at 07:06 PM

cheers for the advice and good luck on the job hunting

now on ebayhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=190307416831

Peteff - 13/5/09 at 07:47 PM

You don't need to reserve the right to end it early as it is a classified advert not an auction.