Board logo

Dunlop CG3 instructions
alexg1965 - 25/10/10 at 07:23 PM

I've just bought a Dunlop CG3 camber gauge off the bay at a very nice price but it doesn't have any instructions. I'm sure it can't be that difficult but just to help does anyone have a manual lying around.
Cheers Alex

interestedparty - 25/10/10 at 07:30 PM

Why woukd you need instructions? Maybe it's actually a camber/caster gauge?

With those I believe you have to swing the steering through 20 degrees either side of straight ahead and it will give you the caster, but camber is just a direct reading (need to make sure the car is on level ground, and very few concrete surfaces are level.

avagolen - 25/10/10 at 07:37 PM

As above, the instruction sheet says just that but in a few more words.

Len.

dave r - 25/10/10 at 08:16 PM

i have a set somewhere, not seen them for a while.... but what the above said is about right as i remember

markt0121 - 26/10/10 at 02:19 AM

I bought a cheap spirit level last weekend to try and make a cheap camber guage. plan to drill and tap into each end of the level to put in a long M4 set screw. Then touch the screws against top and bottom of the wheel and adjust for vertical according to the spirit level. Measure distance between screws, the length of each screw, calculate the difference, then calculate the angle as = asin((screw1-screw2)/distance), remembering to convert from radians to degrees.

Bit of a painful method but don't expect to do it often.

snapper - 26/10/10 at 04:33 AM

5 seconds of Googling found this

Link