Board logo

help - my wheels don't fit
ned - 31/8/07 at 09:13 AM

Said my work colleagues this morning. His new pro race 1.2's wouldn't fit over his sierra hubs. We conversed about the issue, discussed the studs and hub centre which he purchased from raldes the same length as mine. He tried two sets of uprights and both the same issue so we told him to ring the great guys at mac1 who duly answered the phone and said they'd speak to team dynamics for him.

My colleague had just got off the phone when I asked (still bemused by the fact that his studs are too long when they fit my car with same running gear fine) that he did have the brake discs on?

Oh how we laughed, we were in stiches for minutes, even during the follow-up call to mac1 to advise them of his new 'muppet' status

Ned.

balidey - 31/8/07 at 09:25 AM

No brake discs, thats a good way to reduce unsprung weight . Infact I bet you could remove the calipers too and not notice the difference with the brakes

speedyxjs - 31/8/07 at 09:59 AM

Brilliant!

James - 31/8/07 at 10:45 AM

DarrenW - 31/8/07 at 10:56 AM

LMAO

thats one of the best ones ive heard for ages. Thanks for sharing Ned. Did you promise to keep it a secret???????

adithorp - 31/8/07 at 11:54 AM

I think there's a sub clause in Murphy's law that says, the bigger the cock up, the less likely you are to spot it!

adrian

ned - 31/8/07 at 01:54 PM

No secrecy, but I won't name him just yet. I have made him aware of this post in case he wishes to own up!

mac1 - 31/8/07 at 02:04 PM

We know who it is.............

jos - 31/8/07 at 10:02 PM

Murpheys Law

If theres a 50/50 chance of getting something right theres a 90% chance that you'll make the wrong decision