Board logo

M1MOC Track Day Poll
m1moc - 5/11/07 at 06:57 PM

M1MOC are thinking of trying to organise a trackday for its members & friends of M1MOC

If you were to take part in a M1MOC track day where would you most like it to be

This is for people who will actually DO the track day not people who just like answering polls PLEASE

bigrich - 5/11/07 at 07:03 PM

oulton 1st choice
cadwell 2nd
aftrer that i,ll go with the majority, it would have to be a 105Db day to give the BEC owners a chance. so maybe an airfield or Teeside would be good.

Rich

mookaloid - 5/11/07 at 07:16 PM

Croft could well be problem - they were enforcing a 98db limit last time I was there

jos - 5/11/07 at 07:25 PM

Same with donny 98db

Avoneer - 5/11/07 at 08:00 PM

Rockingham is a top day and track.

I'll be up for that.

Pat...

JoelP - 5/11/07 at 08:23 PM

rockingham, anglesey and cadwell would be a few good ones, spaced quite well to. I havent voted though

triafgg - 5/11/07 at 09:00 PM

Is it only for MAC#1 owners?

fesycresy - 6/11/07 at 08:59 AM

According to Mark:

'Anglesey shouldn't be that far away from you (being from Wales etc etc)'

Only 4 hours away

ash_hammond - 6/11/07 at 09:31 AM

I will go for oulton park - however not that bothered which one it is.

Shogun969 - 6/11/07 at 11:10 AM

Curborough for me as every body can watch, it has short sprints and twisty bends with a long straight etc , dont know if they open it out of season. Z cars were there last week ( Thursday ) and the season has finished. Other than that an old airfield where you can mark out your own track etc. With BIG runoffs

ewan - 6/11/07 at 11:21 AM

Why not Knockhill, what you have to remember is that there are Mac 1 owners in Scotland too.....!

It's all about England....!

Andy D - 6/11/07 at 03:53 PM

If my Westy is classed as friendly, I'd do any.. My top three tracks are Cadwell, Oulton, and Donny. Anglesey is deff in my top three too! Never been to Rockingham, quite fancy it, and as others have said, noise would be a problem for the bec's at Donington and Croft.

jos - 7/11/07 at 02:01 PM

It wont be strictly MAC#1 owners only

Guinness - 7/11/07 at 05:15 PM

Ah, why didn't you say so! My seat belts and all the wurth bond & seal are from Mac#1.

In that case, Oulton then Cadwell.

(Didn't realise that Oulton is 10 miles closer to me than Cadwell? According to multimap anyway).

Is it likely to be weekday or weekend?

Cheers

Mike

DarrenW - 7/11/07 at 05:41 PM

Andy D / Guinness - you are both friends of a M1MOC member anyway so no probs there.

Where are the tracks situated? Ive ticked Croft but only cos i know its local.

Andy D - 7/11/07 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Andy D / Guinness - you are both friends of a M1MOC member anyway so no probs there.

Where are the tracks situated? Ive ticked Croft but only cos i know its local.

Darren, mate... There's a bit of info about circuit locations etc HERE

worX - 10/11/07 at 03:11 PM

IanW - 25/11/07 at 10:22 PM

just got back from another track day at ty croes on anglesey and it is an amazing track. now the work has been done the track is super smooth and grippy, very wide and has a cracking combination of fast sweeping bends and tight slower corners.
oulton park is rated by most racers as one of the best circuits in the country and with good reason - its amazing and a real challenge