Board logo

Has anyone used these lights.
stevec - 25/9/07 at 07:03 AM

As above,
Has anyone used These lights. Is the quality good, I am thinking of the CHROME ones.
And yes I do know who is selling them.
Thanks.
Steve.

Paul TigerB6 - 25/9/07 at 07:17 AM

Interesting that GTS see the need to use a different ebay account. Didnt they have their own??

If you go for those, lot me know how you get on as I was looking at the carbon ones. Only just started my build so should get them before SVA time which i recon will be in a year or so.

rayward - 25/9/07 at 07:23 AM

i think they're bike l ights, and don't dip to the left,

some people have passed SVA with them, and some failed.

i fitted som after SVA. and they passed MOT ok.

hth

Ray

iscmatt - 25/9/07 at 08:12 AM

I passsed with mine, They dip straight down but i simpley twisted the lens 3-4 degrees (no need to be very accurate) so that the beam of light was then sent down and to the left, Absolutley no problems, there is no need to have this arrow that points to the left, very happy with them too, they look much better.

Also happy because when I asked the same question everybody said they would fail

designer - 25/9/07 at 08:35 AM

And you can have 'immeadiate' despatch!!

02GF74 - 25/9/07 at 09:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
Interesting that GTS see the need to use a different ebay account. Didnt they have their own??

Tania is a Nigerian scammer, you send of money for kit car parts that never arrive, uncontactable by phone etc.

stevec - 25/9/07 at 09:05 AM

Come on guys, you have done all this stuff, Please just keep it to are the lights any good.
Steve.

Hellfire - 25/9/07 at 03:53 PM

We got them and no they are not SVA compatible, they have a flat beam and dip straight down as they would on a bike. Some have passed SVA with them by altering the beam angle as stated. The light from them although suitable is not good.

We returned ours back to GTS for a full refund.

Steve

stevec - 25/9/07 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
We got them and no they are not SVA compatible, they have a flat beam and dip straight down as they would on a bike. Some have passed SVA with them by altering the beam angle as stated. The light from them although suitable is not good.

We returned ours back to GTS for a full refund.

Steve

Thanks Steve.
Just want them to replace the 7" ones really, I dont go playing at night and Mot is 2 years away, By the way does anyone want a pair of 7" headlamps in perfect 500mile nick,
Steve.

[Edited on 25/9/07 by stevec]

Catpuss - 25/9/07 at 06:07 PM

You have U2u re the 7" lights