Board logo

Aberdeen area guidance needed
ewan - 8/1/08 at 09:23 AM

I've walked into the garage every day for the last week and looked at the wiring loom, I have no idea where to start. The loom is complete and has been tested and works.

If there was somebody in the Aberdeen area that fancies a run to Newtonhill, just show me where to start, it would be a great help.

Thanks

bigrich - 8/1/08 at 09:38 AM

Morning Ewan

Start by connecting the loom to the engine as that will loose some of the larger connections then use the diagram to identify and label the other loom wires and plugs, Then take one circuit at a time and test as you are going along so you know something works,

Front and rear side lamps are a good place to start. I would also recommend a chat to Mark as he is famed for his wiring correspondace courses LOL.

What seems like a mightmare of wires at the moment will become a theraputic challange with ultimately a great sense of achievement and better still a working car

Stop looking at it and crack on mate, if i was a little closer i would be the first man round to help

Good Luck

Rich

saigonij - 8/1/08 at 10:38 AM

i started off by placing the fuse box in teh middle of the car - near the battery ( or where the battery will be placed ) and then laying the loom sections to where they needed to go ( e.g. front lights loom to the front where the lights are, rear light loom to the rear etc ).

i then loosly cable tied the loom in place and at the end of the loom ( e.g. the wires for the lights, engine etc ) i placed each bit in a plastic bag and taped it up - this is so that once i started to power the loom up, there was no risk of a short circuit.

then start with the main power cables - connect these to the battery.

then the earth wires - connect these to the chassis.

then slowly go from there....

mad4x4 - 8/1/08 at 11:48 AM

Hi Ewan,
I live down in St Cyrus and if you get really stuck then I can maybe help you sort out a bit of it . Mine time is limited as I have quite a bit of work commitments and my own projects.

omega 24 v6 - 8/1/08 at 12:38 PM

U2U sent.

hoots_min - 8/1/08 at 12:43 PM

U2U sent.

redeye - 8/1/08 at 03:46 PM

another u2u