Board logo

a moments weakness on ebay ........
mogman1969 - 25/8/11 at 12:37 PM

afternoon all , just bought a vauxhall astra mk 2 convertabubble , (ok stop laughing ) very very cheap ..........(no really stop laughing !) it only has one teeny weeny lil problem ......... the electric hood doesnt work , just wondered if any one has experiance of raising the hood manualy ............
moggy

omega0684 - 25/8/11 at 12:48 PM

this post is useless without pics!

big-vee-twin - 25/8/11 at 01:36 PM

My Peugot has a winding handle in the boot, have a look in the handbook

[Edited on 25/8/11 by big-vee-twin]

MK9R - 25/8/11 at 02:02 PM

is it a GTE?

Ninehigh - 25/8/11 at 03:24 PM

Mk2 is that early 80's?

Heck if that's the only problem sounds like you got a good one!

RichardK - 25/8/11 at 03:26 PM

How comes my first instinct was Scootz was the author of this post!! Has it got to travel far! I'm sure there will be a way to manually raise it and the experts will be along shortly.

Cheers

Rich

bi22le - 25/8/11 at 07:39 PM

I dont know mk2 astra specific but i know about convertables.
some did have winding handle but not many. nearly all of the ones i delt with had a pretty obviois manual override on the gears off of the motors. normally you activate the handle and the drive spine disengages. you can then pull it up and lock in place. rengage motor to stop it moving again. It must have an easyoverride. they did not trust them in the 80s!

worse case its remove the motor but thats always a pig.
normally if an electric hood dont work its not the motors fault but the supply. try false feeding 12v to the motor it should work.

word of warning. make sure all windows are down and plastic covers move out of the way. Lisyen to the motor whine when you do it. it should not strain.

Often its switches or fuses that go. if all this seems good then lecky roofs can get 'out of sink. google will help you find a specific protocol to get it working.

u2u me if you need more help.

biz