Board logo

North Weald Sprint - 31st March - Supercharged Phoenix
jeffw - 1/4/13 at 08:42 AM

3rd fastest overall and 2nd in class. It is getting bumpier.

I cocked up the braking for the last gate. I was 2 secs up on my previous best which would have put me 2nd overall before that.

[Edited on 1/4/13 by jeffw]

Dangle_kt - 1/4/13 at 09:39 AM

well done - must be nice to do so well knowing where and how you made a mistake!

got to say though, that track doesn't appeal at all.

jeffw - 1/4/13 at 09:44 AM

Agree on the track but it is the same for everyone. I got beaten by a Porsche 996 Cup car running carbon wheels and a R500 with a sequential box. Should have beaten the Porsche on the last run but the mistake did for that. Still lots of fun though.

jeffw - 1/4/13 at 09:48 AM

[Edited on 1/4/13 by jeffw]

turboben - 1/4/13 at 06:02 PM

Nice, looks very fast! I like you gran turismo style instruments on the video, is it connected to a datalogging box or something?

Mikef - 1/4/13 at 06:32 PM

Could you tell me what engine and gearbox you are using please. it is a car I have been considering.

Mikef

jeffw - 4/4/13 at 12:55 PM

The data overlay comes from the Race Technology DL1 data logger which is then synced with the video.

The car has a 2lt Blacktop Zetec with head/cams/pistons/rods and a Omex Supercharger kit. Currently it makes 300HP at the wheels. The box is a BGH E8 Type 9 with extra strengthening.

Mikef - 4/4/13 at 02:12 PM

Thanks.

Bit of a weapon then. My big worry was the gearbox , but sounds like yours is ok.

jeffw - 4/4/13 at 03:54 PM

In truth it is marginal. If you can afford it then one of the H pattern boxes from Quaife or the Cosworth box if money if tight. Getting a Type 9 to almost handle this power is a lot of dosh and even then it is a bit iffy.

http://www.quaife.co.uk/shop/products/qbe57g