Board logo

Recommended Car Transport Company
John P - 23/3/14 at 08:26 AM

We've just moved from Kent to Devon and I neded to move my Austin 7 Ulster which is open with minimal weather protection. I also had the problem that I really needed the car out of the way so the removals company could get to everything else in the garage.

In the end I went to Silver Transport who had been recommended by Trident Trailers, and they couldn't have been more helpful.

The owner Andrew arrived with a fully enclosed race trailer and took the Austin to his base in Sussex where he stored it for a couple of weeks before delivering it to our new home in Paignton. He's a really nice guy and obviously understands how important our cars are to us.

I was happy for him to deliver when he could tie it in with a collection so as to keep costs down and was really pleased that the total cost came to just £250.

If you have a need I'd fully recommend him, see http://www.silvertransport.co.uk/index.htm

John.

designer - 23/3/14 at 09:13 AM

Use shiply.com; never fails for the cheapest way.

John P - 23/3/14 at 10:58 AM

Actually I did get quotes from Shiply but even the cheapest quote was similar to Silver Transport and was on an open trailer.

Barkalarr - 23/3/14 at 12:23 PM

Try ontime - they're based in Chelmsford so not that far from you.
They have covered transport - they bought my Indy back for me all covered up.

Lightning - 23/3/14 at 07:05 PM

Welcome to Devon I'd like see your seven