Board logo

Pitney mother-f****** Bowes .....
Jasper - 24/8/10 at 02:24 PM

I have in my shop the most simple basic franking machine. It's basically as simple little printer with a small weighing scale on top.

The printer head is knackered so I need a new print head. So I call my franking machine supplier and they want £300 +vat for a new print head, it's no different from what you get in a basic inkjet printer. I could buy 10 basic inkjet printers for what they want for a print head.

Oh yes, and how much is a small ink cartridge in red - just regular red ink - £38 each

bilbo - 24/8/10 at 02:30 PM

What's the model? I might know a place that can help?

Linky

[Edited on 24/8/10 by bilbo]

jossey - 24/8/10 at 03:02 PM

haha.

if the print head needs a replacement then its probebly cheaper to rent a IJ25 off neopost or get a mail station rental.

there £10 per month.

and only use refilled ink you can get online.

save you alot.

if your machine is under 5 years then you can ask them to repair under the sales of good act as not fit for purpose.

i used to work for PB and neopost.

let me know if you need further help
neopost has rental from 9.99 per month on 01708746000

cheers

dave

mookaloid - 24/8/10 at 03:02 PM

I got rid of mine for exactly that reason. Smart stamps is the way forward for us

jossey - 24/8/10 at 03:03 PM

ps its not normal ink.

it has a uv pigment in it to stop people just printing them off.

smart stamp is cheapest at moment.

Jasper - 24/8/10 at 03:19 PM

Think that's what we'll go for .....

Jasper - 25/8/10 at 11:43 AM

Well, I might have to take it all back, I've just opened a box from PB today and it contains a new head and ink cartridge for my machine, free of charge!!

So I'll use it till the end of my lease in 3 months, then go with Smart Stamp.

02GF74 - 25/8/10 at 02:44 PM

hahahahaha

looks like you'll be serving yourself a slice of this for breakfast, lunch and din dins for the next week

Jasper - 25/8/10 at 02:49 PM

Just spoken to my leasing company, it was definitely a mistake on PB's part, not a nice jesture, as the machine is out of warranty. Just nice to get something for free from one of those big companies, makes a change!!

Anyway, £350 saved