Board logo

I feel sick
AdamR - 14/9/06 at 08:12 AM

urgh!

nick205 - 14/9/06 at 08:21 AM

you're not wrong!

Mr Banham seems to have an unhealthy fascination with turning perfectly bad Rover metro/100's into even worse "replicas" of other cars.

To cap it all IMHO the TT is not even worth the effort of trying to replicate it, the real thing is bad enough!

RazMan - 14/9/06 at 08:31 AM

I notice that it has four seats but judging from the pics any passengers must have to be decapitated before entering!

I had a look round one of these (part built) recently .......... not impressed.

smart51 - 14/9/06 at 08:59 AM

That's actually one of the nicer banhams

StevieB - 14/9/06 at 09:00 AM

You could just buy an older Audi TT if you wanted the p**s taking out of you - but at least you'd know it was well built and not just a metro disguised as a TT!

graememk - 14/9/06 at 09:05 AM

oi you lot i used to own a hairdressers car sorry a tt they arnt that bad.

Banhams always look to high at the back end to me

Danozeman - 14/9/06 at 09:09 AM

Thats not a bad one as they go. I would have used a mero gti though for the better engine..

iank - 14/9/06 at 09:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
you're not wrong!

Mr Banham seems to have an unhealthy fascination with turning perfectly bad Rover metro/100's into even worse "replicas" of other cars.

To cap it all IMHO the TT is not even worth the effort of trying to replicate it, the real thing is bad enough!

Mr Banham went bust a couple of years ago. There were a number of legal problems concerning the moulds IIRC, and he was alledged to have done a runner. Rally Sport Replicas were 'one' of the companies who bought them - including the real moulds for the RS200 he had, but they also went tango uniform a while ago.

Guinness - 14/9/06 at 09:24 AM

Pity that, anyone know where the RS200 moulds are now?

Mike

rsk289locost - 14/9/06 at 09:30 AM

http://www.foxfibreglass.co.uk/

did the original RS200 for Ford.

hobbsy - 14/9/06 at 09:40 AM

I thought Reliant made them though

DarrenW - 14/9/06 at 09:41 AM

Interesting link for Scooby based RS200 replica

http://which-kit.com/latestIssue.shtml

(it does however give me issues about posting a link to this mag!)

Guinness - 14/9/06 at 09:43 AM

Cool, I want one! Make one for me!

Mike

DarrenW - 14/9/06 at 09:45 AM

Ill have one too. Bulk buy??? Discount.

I have £3.86 in my jar for a deposit!!

I couldnt even afford the donor! It would be a brave person to take a decent scooby and turn it into a RS200.

iank - 14/9/06 at 09:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hobbsy
I thought Reliant made them though

So did I, maybe fox did the proto design and made the moulds, and reliant made the production run?

I've read somewhere that Arch Motors made the chassis.

The occasional banham 'replica' comes up on ebay. He based it on his signature method of lopping the top of a maestro of all things. There were minor differences to the shell but it's dimensionally correct as it was made in the original toolding.