Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Our internet dont work
speedyxjs

posted on 2/10/08 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
Our internet dont work

We have a buffalo modem/router which is about a month old. Has been working fine till a couple of weeks ago. The internet light is supposed to light up green but doesnt light up at all. I have tried reconfiguring it but it doesnt want to know. Our computers seem to connect but only on a 'limited' connection and wont let me do anything.
Any suggestions before we have our phone bill attacked by rediculous help line charges?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

r1_pete

posted on 2/10/08 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Try changing the adsl filter 1st, it has obviously lost the outbound connection to the internet, and the filter could be at fault.

If no joy, take it back to where you bought it from, under the sale of goods act they are whom you contract is with and the unit they sold you is not fit for purpose. They should test it and if all is ok, you at least know the fault lies with your line.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 2/10/08 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Try changing the adsl filter 1st, it has obviously lost the outbound connection to the internet, and the filter could be at fault.

If no joy, take it back to where you bought it from, under the sale of goods act they are whom you contract is with and the unit they sold you is not fit for purpose. They should test it and if all is ok, you at least know the fault lies with your line.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 2/10/08 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
How did that happen, 2 replies for the price of one.......

speedyxjs

posted on 2/10/08 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
I changed the filter. That was the first thing i did.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

twybrow

posted on 2/10/08 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
I had something similar a few weeks back. It would load google very slowly, but most other sites would not work. I reset the router (which normally helps), but it did nothing... turned out that the phone line into the router had a dodgy connection. Took it out, wiggled it, and put it back in, and it has worked seemlessly since.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.