Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Broadband download limits
greggors84

posted on 1/2/09 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Broadband download limits

What happens if you exceed you broadband download limit?

Im with Sky on their base package which is limited to 2gb. Im pretty sure I have gone over it this month but with more than one computer its hard to keep track of downloads.

I cant find anything in their terms and conditions and read on the net somewhere that they send you a letter informing you that you have gone over and if you do it 3 times they just put you on the next service up.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

YQUSTA

posted on 1/2/09 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
I dont know sky's policy but what would happen on mine is 1 of these

you get reduced rate for the remainder of the month.

you get cut off for the remainder of the month.

Getting cut off would be an extreme case as far as i can tell but sky's policy should be some where on there site or on your bill.

YQUSTA

posted on 1/2/09 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Just found this on their site.

USAGE CAPS

Broadband

If you subscribe to a Product that has a cap on the amount of data that you download or upload via your Sky Broadband internet access each month ("Usage Cap", your usage must not exceed that Usage Cap each month. For the current Usage Caps on each Product, please go to www.sky.com/broadband.

If you exceed your Usage Cap, we will contact you to let you know that you have done so.

If, in subsequent months, your usage continues to exceed your Usage Cap, we will continue to contact you to ask you to reduce your usage immediately. If after a reasonable period of time your usage still exceeds your Usage Cap, then we may do one or more of the following things by notice in writing (including by email):

(a) charge you fair and reasonable costs for your usage (and any reasonable administration costs) in excess of your Usage Cap;

(b) change your subscription to a Product with a higher Usage Cap, in which case we would also notify you of the new price you will be charged;

(c) suspend your use of Sky Broadband for the relevant month; or

(d) end your Contract in accordance with Condition 11 of your Contract;

YQUSTA

Ben_Copeland

posted on 1/2/09 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
2Gb is that it

Mines 50Gb and i've just exceeded it over xmas and i'm on slow go atm

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

greggors84

posted on 1/2/09 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for that, the first part was all I could find. Not sure if they have added that second bit since I signed up.

Looks like they give you a bit of a warning then. Im going to upgrade anyway as im not paying anything for the broadband with the TV package and the next one up which is a 40gb limit is only £5 a month.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

stevebubs

posted on 1/2/09 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by greggors84
Cheers for that, the first part was all I could find. Not sure if they have added that second bit since I signed up.

Don't think so - I was an early adopter and pretty sure the clause was there then...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.