Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK BEC suspension setup
Si

posted on 17/6/09 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
MK BEC suspension setup

I know there is bound to be a post on here somewhere but was wondering what settings anyone had their Protect dampers set to.
BEC are quite light at the front and was looking to see if anyone had any advice.
Si

ReMan

posted on 17/6/09 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Start by making sure you have springs less than 300-350lb as supplied as standard.
Hellfire

posted on 17/6/09 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
We have found that using the 350Ib springs up front has helped us. On the original (bad) front suspension geometry there is not enough dro, before hittng the upper TRE stres spoint. There is also too much bump steer when using springs of a lesser rating with the original suspension mount position - we have had ours relocated to improve things... but there is still some way to go but we now need to improve the upper wishbone TRE angle.

The original Indy suspension design is full of flaws.

Kriss

posted on 18/6/09 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Intresting Hellfire.

After my third track day and speaking with the Caterham Surrey chaps at brands hatch and my mate, I have gone for 225's, will see how they feel once on.

Si

posted on 18/6/09 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm, my front suspension is set quite soft and although I would like more front end bite, its not as twitchy as a Caterham I drove which felt more stiffly sprung and resulted in a far more nervous drive on bumpy B roads.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.