Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: It won't rev....
coozer

posted on 2/3/10 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
It won't rev....

Following everyone advice, checked the tps adc, started the car no problem, running rich again... had to retune the req_fuel down to 7.2 and the fuel ve bottom line to 22.. running rough as hell I found disconnecting the map and blockign the outputs it now runs real smooth, tickover solid 850rpm and 13.5 afr.

Problem is now its no use, just will not rev, even touching the pedal it stalls, then starts straight away at tickover, just will not rev.

I've set the accel up and that makes no difference.

Please anyone got a MSII msq off a zetec that works ok? I just want to look over it and see if I have all the settings correct.

Thanks,
Steve

MikeRJ

posted on 2/3/10 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Following everyone advice, checked the tps adc, started the car no problem, running rich again... had to retune the req_fuel down to 7.2 and the fuel ve bottom line to 22.. running rough as hell I found disconnecting the map and blockign the outputs it now runs real smooth, tickover solid 850rpm and 13.5 afr.

Problem is now its no use, just will not rev, even touching the pedal it stalls, then starts straight away at tickover, just will not rev

That would make sense if you have fuelling configured for MAP only, since the MS has not way of knowing it needs to inject more fuel when you open the throttle if the MAP sensors is disconnected.

If you have individual throttle bodies then getting a useful MAP signal can be a problem. In this case you are probably best configuring the MS for Alpha N operation only.

coozer

posted on 2/3/10 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, I'm running alpha_n.

Heres my curetn map, can anyone have allok over it and tell me if theres anything wrong? Just bear in mind I've only used the bottom line and first 3 bins in the fuel table, can't get it out of that area.

Its a MSII msq.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

t16turbotone

posted on 2/3/10 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
try this
BenTyreman

posted on 2/3/10 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Under "More Engine constants", disable "Multiply MAP". That will completely remove MAP from any fuelling calculations.

It will also make the VE table much more sloped. I have low 10s in the bottom row, and high 200s in the top row.

flak monkey

posted on 2/3/10 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Steve, try this...

Also you have your tps bins on the ve table starting at 20%, these should go from 0 to 100% 0 being closed throttle... make sure you have run the calibrate TPS in settings too.

I havent made this alteration to the tune, but you should really.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

flak monkey

posted on 3/3/10 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
I should explain a little more on the load scaling on the VE and spark table.

What you have at the moment is there is no resolution for the first 20% of throttle movement, when the throttle is closed and up to 20% open you are trying to use the same mixture, hene its dying instantly when you open the throttle.

The first few degrees is always tricky so I would set them as:

For now until you have a decent map. You might find those figures work well anyway....

Like I said make sure you have calibrated the TPS too

The same goes for the spark table. You need to start at 0% and up to 100. Which I have also modded on this one.

I have reattached another MSQ for you to try. I have had to guess where your cruising areas are likley to be and have left more resolution in those areas. If when you start driving you find the crusiing areas are say 20-35% throttle then you should aim to have 2 or 3 load sites dedicated to this area of the map. Once you get above 75% throttle you need much less resolution.

Cheers,
David

Sera

matt_gsxr

posted on 3/3/10 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Just to highlight Flak Monkeys point.

The stock tables have loads of columns at the low TPS openings (nice and tightly sampled). THis is an ignition table from a GSXR1000, 05 model. But the principle is the same.

Matt

coozer

posted on 3/3/10 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys, and thanks David, that map has helped, it still stumbles when I hit the pedal but I can get it to rev though it. It does have to cope with the vvt kicking in at 1500rpm but its a start and I know where to go from here.

I've upped the bins above the bottom line 8 points to get it here.

Heres a little vid of me annoying the neighbours tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stx04nsgDeo

The tps is rotated as far as it will og but still has 175adc at the bootom. The Honda one doesn't fit so I'm thinking of a little bracket to move it further round to get the adc down to close to zero. Do you think that will make a difference?

Cheers,
Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

flak monkey

posted on 3/3/10 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
No worries glad it helped

I turned off accel enrichment too, you need to get smooth map with it off but keep your throttle movements slow. once you have that then u can turn acc enrich back on.

you ought to have a lower adc than that at closed throtttle. might be worth an ask on the msextra forum about that though, i dont know what to suggest. it will lower your resolution otherwise.

David

Sera

BenTyreman

posted on 3/3/10 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
MSII has a 10 bit ADC i.e. values between 0 and 1023. As long as the range between fully open and fully closed is large (over ~75% of total range), it won't make any difference.

matt_gsxr

posted on 3/3/10 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Good thinking on the 10bit thing rather than 8bit.

That would make 175 equivalent to 44 on 8bit.

That is pretty normal for standard gsxr TPS (from memory) so you should be in good shape.

Sounds like its time to go for a drive and collect some data. Drive gently as you don't want missfires (that stuff up the AFR reading). Are you going to log and then do the MLV thing when you get home, or are you going to do the "live diagnostics" thing. I'd do the former as that is less likely to go seriously wrong.

I do like a bit of progress.

Matt

coozer

posted on 4/3/10 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
Plan is to dial out some of that off idle resistance to get it rich (the same as further up where it revs happily) then do the driving and logging route, don't have a spare techy dude to help with live mapping

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

coozer

posted on 4/3/10 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Thats it! Dialed another 3 points up and it revs and revs.. running around 10afr its now drivable and thats next with the lappy and logger running.

May just have it ready for Scotch Corner

Cheers!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

lotusmadandy

posted on 4/3/10 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Well done that man.

You up for a couple of hours out sunday morning then?

Andy

coozer

posted on 4/3/10 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, as long as its dry and sunny like today

Gentle ride out for some mapping, just need to put the bodywork back on, oh, and this beauty

[Edited on 4/3/10 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.