Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Seat fitting problem in Viento....
phil4521

posted on 13/6/10 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Seat fitting problem in Viento....

My 3 point Sabelt lower seat belts are now fitted but lower mounts now protrude inside the car making it impossible to get the seat in as it is a too tight squeeze… Ii am using seats someone told me fitted the Luego so not happy.... I reckon I have lost about 2cm each side due to the swivel brackets and bolts each side. The only thing I can think of is to either get narrower seats and sell mine or somehow get narrower bushes-are these available? so there is less protrusion- any ideas? Plan to bolt seats to floor directly to keep height low as I am 2mtrs tall! ideal position for me would be no seat at all and just some foam to sit on but I think IVA will fail this?

Thanks

Phil.

wilkingj

posted on 13/6/10 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
I dont know what seats you have. However, do the seats need to be that far back? ie when they are in the position with the driver in the car, do they still obstruct.
I suppose the point I am tring to say is this: Is you driver that tall that the seats have to be that far back that they foul?

Its difficult to comment without seeing it. Perhaps a couple of piccies migh help us see the problem more clearly.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phil4521

posted on 13/6/10 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Will post a pic tomorrow but seat needs to be on back panel as I am v tall so no way they are not going to foul.
Scotty

posted on 14/6/10 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
you must be REALLY tall, i've had near 7 footers in mine with a good foot spare behind seats! ( the seats are forsa, by the way)

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

psymon

posted on 14/6/10 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
6.6" in my viento, lotus elise seats about 4" from back panel.
Prolly depends on seats i suppose.

Cheers Si

phil4521

posted on 16/6/10 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Well having looked a loads of seats and thinking I really need to sit in one prior to swoping what I have and selling them, I decided to mount to 2 I have a bit forward to miss the bolts. Will bolt them to floor for IVA then take drivers one out and sit on block of foam nice and low and far back- thats what you get when you have my 37 inch length legs..... if only I could find a women with similar to christen the car....- only dont tell wife..
wilkingj

posted on 18/6/10 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
Phil....

Make a MONUMENTAL EFFORT.... to get to Newark this weekend. You can see all our seats fitted in Vientos (and other cars), and try them out for size and comfort etc.

It would be well worth it, then you could go and buy with confidence.
Just a thought!

Hope we will see you at Newark this weekend

Cheeers
Geoff

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jollygreengiant

posted on 18/6/10 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Ditto the above

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.